A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

stupidity

Post 1

The man in the shack

Doug Adams once said of himself "I sometimes strike myself as being quite a clever guy, and sometimes cannot imagine how I can be so slow-witted and stupid, so dull and brainless. I can't understand why I should be able to write something which everyone thinks is terribly clever, and at the same time be personally so dumb. I think I'm schizophrenic."
Inspirational words from our bard and ones that motivate me to journey through the vast, wind-swept steppes of my own feeble-mindedness and to further stretch the boundaries of ignorance and hollow-headed benightedness.
But first, there's something I need to know.

If I'm stupid, how do I know that I'm stupid???

stupidity

Post 2

marto

If you do things you think are stupid, then surely you see yourself as being stupid? So i guess some people may find something stupid, when others would not see that something as being stupid. If you see what i mean

stupidity

Post 3

The man in the shack

Is then stupidity a relative quality dependant on who, what, where or when you are? Or can it be more of a constant?

stupidity

Post 4

marto

i'd say relative.

stupidity

Post 5

The man in the shack

Yes, how stupid of me.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more