This is the Message Centre for cafram - in the states.

I'm off

Post 41

King Cthulhu of Balwyniti

Why do you keep giving ER Snickers AW? Is he a bit thin? smiley - winkeye

No, there are plenty of people here who bake their smiley - cheesecakes too (or at least, the other person does smiley - winkeye), it's just insane smiley - tongueout And they're not puddings either - there are two general ways of doing it, basically using gelatine or not. I couldn't be bothered finding an actual recipe, but you have a sweet pastry shell and filling, the base of which is cream cheese, to which you add whatever flavours and whatever amount of sugar (or sweetened condensed milk, if you prefer) you like. Depending on the consistency you end up with, you either need to add gelatine to get it to set or you use egg whites, whatever you happen to like. Then you whack it in the fridge and wait for a bit! You can, if you like, think of them as a sweet single-crust tart rather than a cheesecake, I don't know what weird and whacky ideas you have over there, either smiley - tongueout

I'm off

Post 42

Avenging Washcloth, An unhurried sense of time is, in itself, a form of wealth.

Egg whites?! Uncooked? smiley - yikes No wonder Aussies have hair on their chests from the Salmonella Enteritidis colonies growing upon them.

smiley - tongueout

I'm off

Post 43

Avenging Washcloth, An unhurried sense of time is, in itself, a form of wealth.

*Nothing* we have in The States can compare to Australian weirdness ... with the possible exception of Michael Jackson. smiley - laugh

I'm off

Post 44

Evil Roy: Maestro of the Thingite Orchestra, Knight Errant of the Thingite Cause, Prince of Balwyniti, Aussie Researchers A59204

Baking a cheesecake is exactly the sort of thing that Attila the Hun would have done - it's barbaric!

smiley - tongueoutsmiley - musicalnote

I'm off

Post 45

Pah - are you telling me you've never eaten any of a cake etc. mix out of the bowl before putting it in the tin to bake? Besides which, it's like the brouhaha about unpasteurised milk & cheese - I can't remember the figures exactly, because it was a while ago that I looked, but something like 3 people in the last 15 years have died in France from eating unpasteurised foods, and that's a nation who eats a LOT of them, not just once a year. You might as well give up eating fish because you might choke on a bone smiley - tongueout

I'm off

Post 46

Evil Roy: Maestro of the Thingite Orchestra, Knight Errant of the Thingite Cause, Prince of Balwyniti, Aussie Researchers A59204

Yeah - what His Maj said!!! smiley - nahnah

smiley - erm There is a "brouhaha"?

smiley - cheerssmiley - musicalnote

I'm off

Post 47

Go me! smiley - winkeye

Well, if you want things like Roquefort imported into Australia, you at least try to manufacture a brouhaha smiley - winkeye

I'm off

Post 48

::nods unknowingly::

I'm off

Post 49

It's an unpasteurised blue-vein goat's milk cheese which is currently allowed to be imported by every country in the world, except Australia and New Zealand, where it's outlawed on the grounds that no milk/cheese products are allowed to be sold which are unpasteurised, due to concerns about public health... it's also, incidentally, a cheese which the US imposed a luxury tax on in order to annoy the French smiley - winkeye

I'm off

Post 50

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, now i can nod knowingly.

::nods knowingly::

I'm off

Post 51

smiley - laugh That's the way smiley - winkeye

Anyway, I'm sure we're all very sorry for hijacking your thread Cafram smiley - winkeye How long're you over in that backwater for? smiley - tongueout

I'm off

Post 52

I'm not sorry for hijacking the thread smiley - tongueout...... but,yeah, how long are you over there for...... and can you bring me back some Mississippi Mud (it's beer, not actual mud from the Mississippi River). A 20 foot shipping container full should do......... no, better make that a 40 foot container.

I'm off

Post 53

cafram - in the states.

smiley - erm

hijack away, it makes for interesting reading!

I'm not sure how long I'm here for - definately until the end of August, hopefully the end of September, but then I'd like to work a ski season down in Utah or Colorado so I have to wrestle with the appropriate authorities to get myself a work visa.

I'm not so sure about the beer ER, it sounds very much like a dark beer, and dark beers and I have nothing to do with each other. I did buy some Coopers that I found at a wholefoods the other day...mmmm....Coopers.....smiley - biggrin

I'm off

Post 54

Shea the Sarcastic

So where are you now, cafram? I hope you're enjoying the warmed-up weather! smiley - ok

I'm off

Post 55

cafram - in the states.

Hey Shea! I'm in sunny New Hampshire - camp's just finished but I'll be around for another month or so before all the work dries up. It was a lot of fun but very tiring, the kids were all pretty good and the other staff a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to autumn and seeing the leaves change - everyone raves about it so it must be worth sticking around for! smiley - ok

I'm off

Post 56

Shea the Sarcastic

New Hampshire is beautiful, cafram! We used to go there every year for vacation when I was a kid. It's definitely worth sticking around for the leaves, if you can! The mountains in the autumn are amazing! smiley - ok

I'm off

Post 57

Yael Smith

I want leaves too!smiley - wah
But then I might be going to freeze my li'l bum off in Scotland in October, so I can't complain.

Much.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for cafram - in the states.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more