This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Message to Volunteer - Peet

Post 1

h2g2 Operations

Hi Peet, You are listed as being a member of the following volunteer schemes: Guru Community Artist Are you still an active member of those volunteer schemes? Please respond to this message, regarding which schemes you will continue, and which you have retired from. Also, please ensure that the email address you have entered in your preferences is a current address. On a related note, we are asking all volunteers to please read and consent to follow the new h2g2 Volunteer Code of Conduct A87765736. Just leave a comment in this thread stating you've read and agree with the Code of Conduct http://www.h2g2.com/entry/A87765736/conversation/view/F22128261/T8295271. That public promise will earn you updated badges on your Personal Space (once the last kink in code gets ironed out). If we hear nothing from you by 31 August 2012, we will assume that you are no longer active, and you will be awarded a badge for retired volunteers. Thank you. Milla, for h2g2 Operations

Post 2

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I would like to remain in the "Community Artist" scheme, even though I haven't been particularly active for the last few years. When a burst of energy "takes me" I'd like to be able to drop in and pick an illustration to do from the list. smiley - artist

As for being a Guru, well, I was kind of press-ganged into that one. Keep me in if you think I might be useful in the future, but if you'd rather kick me out I won't complain. Much,

Post 3

h2g2 Operations

smiley - cool
I'll let Tavaron know
smiley - cogs

Post 4

h2g2 Operations

Well, since you have now committed, just make sure you get in touch with Tavaron, and contribute. smiley - smiley
there are plenty of entries lacking illustrations, as you will see in the Create challenge
smiley - cogs

Post 5

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

Hi Peet!

It is very nice to see people return.smiley - smiley

Many things have changed in the volunteer schemes during the last year, we reorganized everything to make things work for us. If you want to become a Community Artist again please be sure to first read our Volunteer Page ( A87725073 ) additionally all volunteers have a new CoC ( A87765736 ). All our volunteers are expected to continually work on their teams, in this case make pictures. People who do not participate over a certain time without a good excuse (illness etc) will be removed from the scheme. This may sound a bit harsh but as we all work on this in our free time we really need reliable volunteers.

If you want to join us again please send us some links to what you have done so far or send us pictures on email ( artists at h2g2 dot com ) so we can see your work.

If you only want to send us a picture every now and then you could participate in one of the current Create challenges ( A87764746 ) and if you feel like illustrating an old Entry some day just send us the picture, we'll review it and if it's ok it will be updated.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more