60 word story challenge

Post 4

RK

A2914292

High Drama

60 word story challenge

Post 5

spiderbaby

Wow, fast responses! Am not going to do comments on the stories until we have (hopefully) a fair clutch of them but well done you two for jumping in with some interesting work.
spidey

60 word story challenge

Post 6

haveago

A2915354

Moon Dancing

60 word story challenge

Post 7

RK

A2915886

THE NEXT STOP

60 word story challenge

Post 8

RK

A2916119

Moon Dancing

(a silly one to complete the set)

60 word story challenge

Post 9

bushkite

A2916263 High Drama (incorporating A Taxing Time and The Next Stop)

Bsmiley - smiley

60 word story challenge

Post 10

Enigmatic1

Here's my effort:

A2918946

I did the Moon Dancing one.

60 word story challenge

Post 11

haveago

A2919585

The Next Stop

60 word story challenge

Post 12

Mel J

Here's my wee effort smiley - winkeye:

A2920790

60 word story challenge

Post 13

Fidjit

1st effort, struggled with it, I'll try another. Sort of autobiographical!

A2921096

smiley - bubbly

60 word story challenge

Post 14

spiderbaby

Think I have commented on all so far. If not please slap my wrists and remind me, hell, slap them anyway, I must have done something to deserve it!

Sorry I have not done any stories yet. Was in two mind about it. Wanted to just organise the thread but having seen all your great 60 worders I feel some tiny tales bubling up.
Anyone got some ideas about two to do some scoring. Let's keep it simple.
My idea is that at the given time (i have to scroll back to remember what I said the deadline was) I will list all the stories in one post. Then you each copy and past the list and add your score out of ten for each story.

Hypothetically

ie:
story one - 5/10
story two - 3/10
story three - 7/10
and so on.
If each person does that we can just simply add all the scores and we have the winner, voted on by all.
If you have a different way of doing it let me know but please make the ffort to read and comment on all of them.

Well done all of you who have posted so far.

spideysmiley - cakesmiley - chocsmiley - tea

60 word story challenge

Post 15

Enigmatic1

I had an idea but I think it'd just over complicate things. Basically I thought how about we mark the stories on two areas: content (the story) and style (quality of writing). Mark them both out of 5 and then add up the scores for a score out of 10.

Let's just keep with the score out of ten, methinks. Half-scores allowed (e.g. 7.5/10).

60 word story challenge

Post 16

Mel J

SB, just a question cc. editing.
Are we allowed to correct the story as crits come in or should we leave it untouched?

cheerzz,

Mel

60 word story challenge

Post 17

roy

A2924930 High Drama

60 word story challenge

Post 18

spiderbaby

Have jusst replied to your question Mel. I think editing is fine. Take up the points people make. Make suer you post here to tell us you have edited.

If you have picked up on something and commented can you please go back and re read the story so that we are all working to the same hymn sheet.

Thanks enigmatic1. Think we will stick to the simplest way poss. Half scores ok though!
spidey

60 word story challenge

Post 19

Enigmatic1

So when a story is critted we can edit it? So what, do people have to crit it again?

60 word story challenge

Post 20

Fidjit

I can't remember what Spidey's deadline was, but I guess we can edit up till then, then we all re-read before scoring.

F.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for spiderbaby

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more