A Conversation for Challenge h2g2

Challenge: England

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

We don't seem to have an entry on England, although there are lots of different places within England and different aspects of English culture.

It would be nice to have something that tied it all together, with perhaps a smattering of history, politics and literature. It would give me something convenient to link to, as well.

Post 2

Icy North

We have the unedited A471638 - England, but this looks a bit heavy. Maybe it could be cut down? (See the CWW thread attached to it)

England has strong regional identities which make it difficult to tie together culturally, to be honest. However, we do have these lighter entries on English history and Britishness (predominantly Englishness):

A41607858 English History - A Condensed Version for the Average Tourist
A35471793 The Pocket Book of Patriotism

Post 3

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

Can this be a collaborative piece?

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

I think it would be better if one person took it on. There are already entries on just about every topic to do with England, so it just needs a strong, organised hand to pull them all together into an overview.

Post 5

U168592

Possible. Might be my ten year hootoo project. You have a deadline Gnomon, I work best with those...

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

I reckon three weeks from today should be enough time for you!

Post 7

U168592

Leave it with me, I'll see what I can do smiley - ok

Post 8

Eveneye--Eegogee--Julzes

What on Earth happened here? Did Matt die or something?

Post 9

Icy North

Matt's still around, but he's a busy man. I'm sure he'll report back in his own time.

While you're waiting, take a look at some of his work in the Edited Guide (he's written over 100 solo Edited Entries): A5526902

Post 10

Eveneye--Eegogee--Julzes

I'm wondering if this might not better be considered controversial and go through a (massive) cooperative process.

Post 11

Eveneye--Eegogee--Julzes

I'm talking about controversial in terms of getting the article just so, for the most part.

Key: Complain about this post