A Conversation for Challenge h2g2

Challenge: Frank Abagnale

Post 1

Leo

I'm warming up for an entry on Fred Damara, an incredible imposter from the '50s. His impostures were much better than Abagnale's, though not as profitable. It would be nice if there were an entry on Abagnale (or any successful imposter) that I could link to for comparison purposes.

smiley - ok

Post 2

The Groob

Yeah, good one. After seeing the movie I was curious about how Abagnale passed his law exams. The film gave the impression that he was so bright that he passesd the exam after revising for just a few days. I found the answer eventually when I saw Abagnale interviewed: in those days if you failed the law exam you were allowed to take the exam again. Abagnale kept taking the exam until he passed.

Post 3

Leo

The book is a little more explanatory - though I don't remember reading that part! smiley - bigeyes There's a similar problem with the Demara book - it keeps saying "He did this" and "He managed to do that" but fails to detail how. Thankfully, what he did was sensational enough.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more