A Conversation for Challenge h2g2

Grammatical parsing

Post 1

The Groob

To analyse a sentence and define the role/function of the components of the sentence.

This would be perhaps be a sizeable project (I'm sure it could fill a book) but it would be good if H2G2 became known for a definitive resource.

A collaborative project perhaps?

Grammatical parsing

Post 2

U1250369

Oh God, I'd love to, but I've left all that behind mesmiley - laugh

Grammatical parsing

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

I couldn't help you there. I never learnt any of that stuff.smiley - smiley

Grammatical parsing

Post 4

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

smiley - headhurts I had to do that as part of my degree, but it's not something I really want to revisit...

Grammatical parsing

Post 5

smartalexi

Stand by for a heavy kick in the shins from Oxford Univ. I have found out,after paying more than £30 for limited photostats associated with Lesniewski,the polish philosopher,who did not 'see war at Warsaw'. He died the night before 2nd WW started. Its all in there,anyway if you want the degree-stuff. But in h2g2?? You must be joking!!

Grammatical parsing

Post 6

Cyzaki

Huh?

smiley - panda

Grammatical parsing

Post 7

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

Quite. I can't find any reference at all to Lesniewski in the guide. smiley - erm Maybe we're supposed to parse the post?

David

Grammatical parsing

Post 8

speff

This recalls Latin in S2 (Year 8 for those of you south of the border)some 24 years ago, and an inherent understanding of the idea which doesn't remotely help me to teach or explain English grammar to classes of Aberdonian teenagers...

Grammatical parsing

Post 9

Baryonic Being - save GuideML out of a word-processor: A7720562

I love grammar. I might get around to writing such an entry in the future, if it hasn't been written already by that time.

Key: Complain about this post