A Conversation for The Base-Ten Hypothesis

Peer Review: A54782832 - The Base-Ten Hypothesis

Post 1

Eveneye--Eegogee--Julzes

Entry: The Base-Ten Hypothesis - A54782832
Author: Julzes - U14075709

This entry is finished, with the caveat that the two things it refers to, "365.25" and possibly controversial detailing at the author's home space, are not.

A54782832 - The Base-Ten Hypothesis

Post 2

Icy North

You could add this link: A830341

Post 3

Eveneye--Eegogee--Julzes

Okay: You say, "leave me alone." I won't bother you again, Icy.

Post 4

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

I have to say that this sounds like a rambling rant -

>>Whether one appeals to God, a god, gods, God by another name, OR extraterrestrial intelligence likened unto God or a god or gods (like I do) for a foundation; or whether one is more apt to dismiss this list of related possibilities (and the hypothesis); one thing should be said: We don't know, but that doesn't mean we never will. Many people cannot say this, either in the first or second parts.

smiley - sorry Julzes, but you do sound like you have lost the plot. Coincidences are a normal part of existence, and seeing significance in them shows a worrying tendency to be losing touch with reality. I'm sure you won't share my view as you seem to be experiencing an exaggerated sense of your own importance.

Post 5

Eveneye--Eegogee--Julzes

Coincidences need to be tested scientifically for significance in some instances, and that is what I suggest to you that I am doing. Are you qualified to assess scientifically the nature of coincidences?

Post 6

Eveneye--Eegogee--Julzes

I ask primarily to get objective assistance, but also to assess the quality of your prior critique (which I have now responded to more thoughtfully than you have). I will be so bold as to say: "I am probably a unique scientifically important individual, but I am no better than you."

Post 7

Eveneye--Eegogee--Julzes

In the large, I am trying to resolve something called the Fermi Paradox. Global warming and suchlike are the most important things to me, but I believe there is a temporal association with my discoveries and the onset of the discovery of extrasolar planets, you could say. That's something for anyne who appreciates my arguments to mull over. Incidentally, my broader hypothesis entails the notion that the Yellowstone caldera is a fount of human history---a kind of constraint. The idea is that a fair amount can be manipulated using the technologies of the large and small pressed to their limits, and an intelligent designer would be able to predict a lot of geological activity it can only slightly control. Yellowstone park has a supervolcano under it that many believe is set to blow in coming centuries (one says the hot spot is now under a thicker part of the crust, but that his opinion wouldn't hold up in court--most recent National Geographic).

Post 8

Eveneye--Eegogee--Julzes

My idea involves no apocalypse, let's be clear; btu that we just barely escape to make the story more interesting. It will involve evacuation and a lot of geoengineering.

Post 9

Eveneye--Eegogee--Julzes

nice typo btu=british thermal unitsmiley - magic

Post 10

Eveneye--Eegogee--Julzes

I swear I feel almost like a robot must sometime.

Post 11

Gnomon - time to move on

Why not write an Entry explaining the Fermi Paradox, then?

Post 12

Eveneye--Eegogee--Julzes

Certainly an unmentioned part of my agenda, but I right now feel I would have to plagiarize wikipedia because they have done such an excellent job already. Haven't given it attention yet, though.

Post 13

FordsTowel

Julzes:

I'm sure that you have not had the time to consider my suggestion on 356.25, reading the 'Writing Guidelines'.

I just want to mention that using the first person is not allowed under the rules. So, you would want to remove any self references.

smiley - towel

Post 14

Eveneye--Eegogee--Julzes

Thanks for the information, Fords Towel. Well, I don't know that it was in the Writing Guidelines, but there was indication of exceptional cases in a prominent formal part of this site. Truth and stuff you know about and can support with factual evidence without harming anyone is my informal take---that and that it should be interesting and/or useful. I will look into the matter continually, and if in the end I cannot get the stuff I have an agenda on into the encyclopedia it won't kill me or anyone else.

Post 15

Eveneye--Eegogee--Julzes

The end of the article that I just "fixed" does exactly what you just said is wrong, but at least I see it as an improvement over the way it had been criticized. My home space is improved and improving also.

Post 16

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

<>

Hi Julzes, h2g2 is not an encyclopedia, it's a Guidesmiley - ok

<> You wouldn't be the first, it's the first thing we checksmiley - biggrin

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - diva

Post 17

Eveneye--Eegogee--Julzes

Hi, Galaxy Babe. smiley - biggrin (smiley - tongueout)
Guide/encyclopedia---quibbling?
wikipedia---Good!

Post 18

Gnomon - time to move on

Post 19

anhaga

that 'good' wikipedia keeps plagiarizing my H2G2 entries.smiley - erm

Julzes:

correct me if I'm wrong (and show me, too) but your entry seems to be pretty much, to paraphrase:

'I've noticed a bunch of interesting mathematical coincidences.

These coincidences have led me to conclude that there is a meaningful connection between the coincidences (which I explain off-site, at a url to which I link in another H2G2 piece, to which I've not bothered to link here.)

This connection is convincing evidence for the existence of god (as I explain off-site, etc.)

When this all hits the press, people are going to go off their heads.'

If you are making a claim to a discovery and you want to present the discovery here on h2g2, then you must present the evidence in a single entry if you want to make an edited entry of it. Don't use us as a way of advertising you webpage, please.

I have two further questions:

1) Why is your discovery not being published in a peer reviewed professional journal? From personal experience, I know that one need not be a part of established academia to be chosen for publication in such a venue (I've never been a part of established academia and have been published a number of times in a number of peer reviewed professional journals). If what you have to say is actually of substance, and if you can write, you would be published.

2) Since you've expressed an apparent admiration for Wikipedia, why is there no entry there on the Base-Ten Hypothesis?

Post 20

anhaga

oh. I just found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Julzes/365.25

I you pick any integer, I can quite rapidly construct a magic square five cells by five cells which will add up to the number you pick.

Isn't that amazing?

Key: Complain about this post