This is the Message Centre for kbrtiata

Looms

Post 1

kbrtiata

I read an article and there was a sentence containing this phrase " as a deadline set by their captors to kill them looms." Does anybody tell me what "looms" means in this case? smiley - geek
smiley - ta for your help
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4515814.stm

I'm getting bettersmiley - biggrin, though I'm afraid of having have a coldsmiley - brr when I go out smiley - yuk. Still have a hasky voice, though smiley - tit
smiley - mistletoesmiley - xmastree

smiley - diva

Looms

Post 2

Andy

looms means that the time is very closesmiley - smiley

Looms

Post 3

Cyzaki

If something is looming it means it is getting closer, and that it isn't a good thing. If you think of a monster sneaking up behind someone and trying to look big and scary, that would be a good image of something looming.

smiley - panda

Looms

Post 4

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

http://www.freesearch.co.uk/dictionary/loom

click on each word "loom" and it will explain its meaning

Looms

Post 5

kbrtiata

Intern, Cyzakismiley - hugsmiley - kiss
smiley - doh
Gotcha.
It really makes sense in Engish smiley - biggrin

Prof smiley - kiss
smiley - ta for the link smiley - geek
Good to learn this word smiley - laugh

I'm very lucky that I have got loads of friends who teach me English smiley - chick

smiley - diva

Looms

Post 6

Andy

No problemsmiley - hug

Looms

Post 7

kbrtiata

smiley - ta
Some words sometimes have very different meanings in the context or mostly I don't understand because I don't know enough words smiley - cry So I'm very appreciated for all your help smiley - tea
smiley - hug

Looms

Post 8

Cyzaki

I'm still learning more Japanese words in karate, although I think they are a Hull version of Japanese! I know that geri means 'kick' and zuki means 'punch', and it's reminding me of how to count in Japanese smiley - smiley

smiley - panda

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for kbrtiata

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more