A Conversation for The Great British Breakfast

Crumpets

Post 1

Fluffhead

How could any entry on the Great British Breakfast be complete without mentioning crumpets?

Crumpets

Post 2

Mark Moxon

Because crumpets are served with tea at 4.30pm. At least they are in my house.

That's not an invitation for any crumpets in the area to pop over for a cuppa, by the way.

Crumpets

Post 3

beeline

Crumpets, Pikelets, Scottish Pancakes - if it's round and has butter dripping off it, I'm in heaven. In fact I'm pretty happy if it's just round.

Crumpets

Post 4

Fluffhead

I'm not a clock-watcher when it comes to crumpets. I'll have 'em any time of day. Please tell me what a Scottish pancake is, beeline - I'm curious.

Scrabble Eggs The worst around

Post 5

Chasing Apex

The worst scrambled eggs i have ever seen (I would say tasted but the fact
is the as soon as i saw them I quickly called in NASA sayin i have found
a new life form)

It was at a play in England called Portland Bill near Wyemouth

It was a place called the Bunker a Diving hostle.

I tried to put my fort into it but it fired my fork out my hand with such force
that it cracked a glass jug next to me

Crumpets

Post 6

WyrdUp

well all the conversation on Crumpets, not one person has mentioned the be all and end all of crumpets... They should be FIRM not soggy. The art of the Crumpet maker is to pull it out of the grill/toaster/flames JUST before it burns, a nice golden brown (on both sides) and not an albino lump of doughy stuff that is hot.

Crumpets and Pancakes

Post 7

Researcher 47158

Annoying, isn't it? Just when you think you've got the Scotch/Scottish thing wrapped up, some pedantic twit comes along and corrects you. Anyway, Scotch pancakes are much smaller than the other kind, fluffier and sweeter. But just what the correct name for non-Scotch pancakes is, I don't know. Any suggestions?

Scrambled Eggs - The easy method!!

Post 8

Lou

How to make quick scrambled eggs.

You will need....

A microwave
A microwavable bowl
3 eggs each
knob of butter
lots of salt and pepper
splash of milk

1. Mix all ingredients together in bowl (I belive this is called 'scrambling')
2. Put into microwave
3. cook for 30 seconds. stir.
4. repeat step 3 till eggs are at your required consistency - about 4/5 mins for dry, 2/3 for sloppy and wet
5. serve with toast, ketchup, and a big mug of tea

Post 9

Ginger Tom

Sorry, Lou, but I'm not a microwave fan. I find they leave the eggs tasteless and of a strange (almost GM) texture. My preference is the old-fashioned way in a pan, continuing to whisk whilst cooking until the perfect texture. Tip - remove the pan from the heat before you'd expect, the eggs will carry on cooking in their own heat. The rest of the stuff about tommy sauce, toast and tea still gets my seal of approval!!!!

Post 10

Researcher 48297

Better yet, scrambled eggs on toast, with loads of butter, and little itty bits of crispy bacon...or is this heading towards the great British Breakfast gig. Ketchup is optional. Anyway, that's the way my mum used to make scrambled eggs.

Crumpets

Post 11

DikMik

Firm crumpet! Ding dong!!!

Crumpets

Post 12

Wookey (47798)

I am with you on this one, (traditionally anyhow) crumpets are afternoony. For me I go for a bit of crumpet
(bready type) any time, but not for breakfast. My personal thing is almost over cooked , definately over buttered and
a spot of jam, strawberry if you have any, tar!

Key: Complain about this post