This is the Message Centre for Countess Freyja

Hey Alpha

Post 41

IslayBoy

Do you guys know if In Extremo have any plans to visit ANYWHERE in the UK ever? Pleased to See Rammstein touring the "UK" (always annoys me when bands announce a UK tour which starts in London and gets no further North than Manchester! grrrr) but it would be cheaper (oh cool! Slayer's "Dead Skin Mask" has just come on on my fave internet radio station - Spraydio Krakov http://windowsmedia.com/radiotuner/FindStations.asp?locale=809&genre=RK)
...and easier for me to go to, say, Basle to see them!
btw - I got some In Extremo CDs on ebay from a guy in Belarus - amused me when they arrived wrapped in brown paper and string! IKYN!

Hey Alpha

Post 42

R.G.W - And at no point during this outing did I run the risk of being cool... [temporarily or possibly permanently missing]

Alpha: I managed to secure tickets to the first one, then they added two extra dates afterwards, I call that fast action. Quite proud of me'self too.
I'm trying to quit angry angst ridden music, I became very dependant on the stuff a few years back. I've now moved on to just miserable musique, hey it's progress.
Anyway. How are you?

IslayBoy: Hah! We should be so lucky! The thing is, from what I've gathered, In Extremo have a relatively small fan base in Germany (or at least that's my conclusion from looking at tour dates, which seem to consist mainly of festivals and supporting roles) so I doubt they'll be exploding into the UK music scene any time soon, but I haven't really been on the official site in a while, so things may have progressed since I last looked.
Aaah, brown paper and string. Odd, must be an Eastern European/"places to the right hand side of the UK" thing, I've had packages from Denmark, poss. Norway too, and other such places and they've always been wrapped in brown paper and string.
Anyway, it's nice to see there are other In Extremo fans around, I've only ever met one, and I really didn't meet him. I just noticed him at a Mortiis gig, he was wearing a band t-shirt. Funny the things you remember whilst intoxicated.

Hey Alpha

Post 43

Countess Freyja

Thats cool.
Ah okies. I dont know what i feel like listening to any more. a lot of my CDs have lost their appeal for some reason. But my Type O Negative should hopefully arrive in a couple of days. Some nice gloomy music will probably suit me.
I'm kinda ok, very very tired and a bit depressed, i expect I'm due for my period pretty soon cos I'm normally like this when I am. How about you?

Hey Alpha

Post 44

R.G.W - And at no point during this outing did I run the risk of being cool... [temporarily or possibly permanently missing]

I know the feeling, quite a few bands I used to like just don't seem as great as they did. So, what are you bored of then?

Aaah dear, well, go listen to something melancholy make some coffee, slip a little something extra into it, have a good scream into a pillow, break something... Always works.

When you say 'how about you' was that a reference to my mood when approaching my period or just my mood generally *inane grin*
In answer to both I'm a total b*tch before my period, no change there, and generally, I'm feeling rather... hm. Seasonal? I should be depressed like I usually am at Christmas (and the rest) but I'm not feeling too terrible. It's nice to be looking forward to Christmas for once.

So, got the Christmas blues yet?

Hey Alpha

Post 45

Countess Freyja

Urmm, everything really. Except for the industrial (marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails and Rammstein) but sometimes I'm not in the mood for that either. But I have a lot of music on the computer that I'm in the mood for, like Bauhaus and Dimmu Borgir and stuff.

Oo coffee, thats a good idea. I got screamed at last night for being hormonal. Evil people.

Lol, I meant how you are.

I'm not really looking forward to Christmas for some reason.. Well I am but I'm not excited or anything, suppose it'll kick in when I start christmas shopping. Hopefully.

"Lay my hands on heaven and the sun and the moon and the stars, while the devil wants to f*ck me in the back of his car"

Post 46

I'm absolutely smitten with Peter Murphy, good choice of music. I'm steadily working up a vast collection of their albums. Awh yeeeah. Manson is industrial? Urrh, I disagree with that. I can think of another word which isn't necessarily a genre to describe his music, but I won't go there. Shame, he's such an intelligent chap as well. Hypocritical and exploitative, but intelligent none the less.

Talking of annoying bands:
I'm sick to f*cking death of Muse. I want to kick Matt the tw*t in the face. What a complete t*sser. Ugh. *more expletives* Hm. Sorry.

I'm done with shopping, I spent a highly stressful day in Camden doing it but it was worth it. I'm done for the rest of the year and I can focus on anything else.

"Lay my hands on heaven and the sun and the moon and the stars, while the devil wants to f*ck me in the back of his car"

Post 47

Countess Freyja

Ah cool. I've become obsessed with Type O Negative again quite recently.. I wont go into the details of what they do to me, but i really actually LUST after them and their music.

Why have you gone off Muse? I thought you used to love them. I kinda know the feeling though, with The Darkness. I used to love them, but now i dont listen to them that much.. but some days i really cant stand them and want to strangle Justin.

How was your Christmas? Did you get anything good?

Post 48

I disappeared. Crikey.

Yeah, main present was a phone (tad late to be discussing this). Took a couple of good pictures of Olli R (the one and only Bass player) at the concert.

God, I would dearly love to put my boot up Justin's rectum. I dislike Muse because their music is just so 'pop' now, quite sad really.

Hah! I found myself buying Grunge the other day? *urh*. Weird. Very very weird.

Post 49

tallullah

Saw Rammstein in Brixton and Nottingham and it was absolutely awesome - a word I don't use very often.
Reading the music list on your profile is a little weird cos it could almost be mine, but the one glaring omission seems to be Laibach - a Slovenian band who've been around since the mid 80s and who are largely credited with being the major influence on Rammstein, both musically and in the industrial/quasi political imagary. If you like NIN, Manson and especially KMFDM I fail to see how you couldn't like Laibach, though over the years they've come up with a few seriously crap albums so be careful what you buy!! Their lastest is called WAT and is quite easily downloaded on most peer to peer sites. Happy listening smiley - smiley
You could do worse than looking our for Skinny Puppy too. And Tanzwut.

Post 50

Countess Freyja

RGW: Lol, I suppose Muse are pretty poppish. They're not my kind of music any more. I'm still mad about Type O Negative, but I'm going through a bit of a Manson phase at the moment.

Lol, what band? Grunge is good.

tallullah: Cool, I'm trying to persuade my parents to let me see them in July. Can't say I've heard of Laibach before, but I'll check them out, they sound cool. Which albums are the good ones? I like Skinny Puppy, but I havent heard of Tanzwut.

Key: Complain about this post