This is the Message Centre for frenchbean

Straight talking at last

Post 1

frenchbean

Hurray! Channel 4 started a series tonight called 'You Are What You Eat'. At last somebody does some straight talking about the smiley - bleep that people are eating.

http://www.celador.co.uk/programmes_past.php?id=51

Too much stick and not enough carrot for my liking, but at least it's a step in the right direction. And not before time.

Fbsmiley - starsmiley - starsmiley - starsmiley - star

Straight talking at last

Post 2

Zarquon's Singing Fish!

Oh, missed the first one, and I'll be in on holiday for the next two.

Dr Gillian McKeith is the one who promotes the "living Food Energy' stuff, in all likelihood. I'd be surprised if there were two people of that name with an interest in nutrition.

smiley - fishsmiley - musicalnote

Straight talking at last

Post 3

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

"Too much stick and not enough carrot for my liking"

But isn't Celador Jasper Carrott's production company? smiley - tongueout Made him an incredibly wealthy man too smiley - bigeyes

Straight talking at last

Post 4

Websailor

Typical smiley - bleep I marked the prog. to watch, then started packing stock for next weekend's event and forgot all about it! A series has been running in the Daily Mail by the same person. Must read it when I get time!

smiley - cheers

Websailor
smiley - dragon

Straight talking at last

Post 5

Pimms

I saw it smiley - yikes Certainly an argumentative clash of dietary cultures. Not as good-natured as similar 'how to live better' series (Your Money or Your Life, The Life Laundry)

Gets some forceful points over.

Pimms smiley - teasmiley - cake

Straight talking at last

Post 6

frenchbean

I wondered how much of the gentler side of the conversations were edited out. Having somebody listen and agree isn't such good telly as the grumpy shouty stuff we saw.

But there must have been a lot of awareness-raising and coaxing going on, otherwise the girl who was on last night would never have stayed the course.

Fbsmiley - starsmiley - starsmiley - starsmiley - star

Straight talking at last

Post 7

Lady Scott

I attempted to post this yesterday, but I must have been really out of it, because I found it this morning on a thread I didn't even realize I'd posted on yesterday! smiley - online2long

Anyway, here it is:

I read the linked article about that show... I'm afraid that some of the comments to those people by the "host" of the show seemed downright rude.

Yes, they should know better than to eat so much of that stuff.

Yes, they should feed their kids better stuff than junk.

I suspect they already knew all that or they'd never have agreed to do the show to begin with.

So what's the point of insulting them about it? Isn't merely having your food sins exposed on national TV bad enough?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for frenchbean

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more