This is the Message Centre for aka Bel - A87832164

Looking back

Post 1

aka Bel - A87832164

It's the end of a decade, but I don't remember all the things that happened within the last ten years.
This year has been the third in a row which was financially a disaster, and I've given up hope for that to get better any time soon.

However, a lot of positive things have happened, for which I am grateful.

I joined h2g2, made many friends, improved my English, achieved things I never thought I would.

My sons are adults now and are wonderful, loving sons who'll make their way, no doubt.

I'm willing to let them go because I know they know that I'm always here for them should they need me.

They're healthy young men who don't drink, smoke or take other drugs, who aren't criminals or cause trouble in whatever way. They love me and they're not afraid to say so and show me. I think I must have done something right, so that is probably my greatest achievement.

So, finances aside, I'm a very lucky woman, and I'm very grateful for all the things I mentioned above.

I'll raise a smiley - bubbly to that. May all my friends be as lucky as I am, and may you all have a good 2010! smiley - bubbly

Looking back

Post 2

~:*-Venus-*:~

smiley - bubblysmiley - smiley

Looking back

Post 3

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - bubbly
Indeed, my children (and grandkids!) are my pride and joy so I know how you feel. Friends are the icing on the smiley - cake

smiley - bubblyhere's to the lucky few!smiley - bubblyand all the best for 2010

smiley - smooch
smiley - galaxysmiley - diva

Looking back

Post 4

aka Bel - A87832164

Cheers, Venus. smiley - bubbly
You're one of the very first friends I made on here, and I'm glad I was able to meet you a few times. smiley - hug

Here's hoping we will meet again one day. smiley - bubbly

Looking back

Post 5

aka Bel - A87832164

smiley - cheers Annie. smiley - hug

Another friend I had the privilege of meeting in person (I should probably stop naming everybody I 'met in the flesh' because I met so many of my friends on here).

Have a good 2010! smiley - bubbly

Looking back

Post 6

Websailor

Bel, raising loving sons to be proud of is the biggest achievement of my life too. Anything else pales in to insignificance. No career can touch it in my eyes.

I wish you a more prosperous and healthy year in 2010 and look forward to more chats on (and off) h2g2.

smiley - bubblysmiley - hug

Websailor smiley - dragon

Looking back

Post 7

aka Bel - A87832164

Thank you, Webbie. smiley - hug

I hope 2010 will be a good one for you and your OH, and that you'll be able to spend as much time on here as you like. smiley - winkeye

Look forward to many more chats with you. smiley - ok

Looking back

Post 8

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - bubbly Best of luck to everyone in the new year.

Having nothing to boast about in the life-accomplishments arena, I'd just say that I'm happy to be warm, dry, well-fed and pain-free today - and hope that everybody else is the same.smiley - winkeye

Looking back

Post 9

aka Bel - A87832164

You are right, all those things are very important, and I wish all my friends they'll be warm, dry, pain free and well-fed forever. smiley - hug

Have a good new year, dmitri. smiley - bubbly

Looking back

Post 10

Beatrice

One of my highlights of 2009 was getting to meet you in person! smiley - hug

Very warmest and best wishes for 2010 and the next decade.

Looking back

Post 11

aka Bel - A87832164

Yes, it was wonderful to meet you. We must do that again. smiley - hug

I hope 2010 will be better for you in some aspects than this year was.
Lots of smiley - goodluck for whatever you'll do, may things take a turn for the better. smiley - bubbly

Looking back

Post 12

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeyedon't forget! you've got dafter since knowing mesmiley - laugh

I wish you health,wealth and much happiness for 2010 B'Elsmiley - smooch
positive thinking, good things will comesmiley - smileysmiley - smileyI know for sure

Looking back

Post 13

aka Bel - A87832164

As long as I don't beat you in being daft, it's fine. smiley - winkeye

Thanks, Prof, all the best to you, too. smiley - smoochsmiley - bubbly

Looking back

Post 14

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

no one living or yet to come will EVER reach my levelsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

have a good night lovesmiley - hugand my regards to your family as wellsmiley - smiley

Looking back

Post 15

BMT

Well for me it's the decade which marked 10years since I was diagnosed with non-operable heart disease and not able to return to work since.

It's also the decade I met and made a lot of new friends through this awesome site so here's to another 10yrs of hootoo and hootoo meets.

smiley - crackersmiley - spaceHAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALLsmiley - spacesmiley - cracker

smiley - cat

Looking back

Post 16

bobstafford

Happy new year one and all smiley - alesmiley - bubblysmiley - alesmiley - bubblysmiley - alesmiley - bubbly

Looking back

Post 17

aka Bel - A87832164

Happy new year to you, BMT and Bob. smiley - bubbly

I think it's been a very mixed bag for most of us. smiley - smiley

Looking back

Post 18

Sho - employed again!

smiley - bubbly

Looking back

Post 19

aka Bel - A87832164

Just one hour left, Sho. Are the gruesome twosome still up? smiley - bubbly

Looking back

Post 20

Santragenius V

>I think I must have done something right, s
Sure you have! smiley - hug

(not really the end of a decade said the nerd smiley - geek)

Have a Happy 2010!

Key: Complain about this post