This is the Message Centre for aka Bel - A87832164

I'll relax

Post 161

aka Bel - A87832164

I just got a letter from my dad with the details about the 50th wedding anniversary. He writes he expects us to arrive by about 11.00am Saturday next week. smiley - yikes
With about a good three hours (probably more) drive, that means we'll have to get up at 5.00am.
I'm not sure I'm fit enough for that. All I currently want to do is sleep.

I'll relax

Post 162

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Is your husband going too?

I'll relax

Post 163

Malabarista - now with added pony

smiley - hug Can you go the evening before, and sleep nearby?

I'll relax

Post 164

aka Bel - A87832164

I'll have to see. It would probably be possible, but there's always much more traffic on Fridays, and it would mean that our sister would have a lot of extra work, plus it's not just us, but we're taking the m-i-l, too.

I'll relax

Post 165

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

ouch, that is a predicament smiley - erm

hope you find a suitable solution to your problem smiley - smooch

i'll have to get up way too early tomorrow and catch the firstest train available in order to celebrate me mom's 80th

but i am used to get up early and my health is okay at the moment *knocks on wood* and after the festivities i'll join old friends for an xmas luncheon smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

I'll relax

Post 166

aka Bel - A87832164

Train is more relaxing than a car. You can doze in the train.
Have a great weekend, Pierce. smiley - hug

I'll relax

Post 167

Bel - go early, you'll be spoiled by your sister, at least. smiley - smiley

I'll relax

Post 168

KB

Even though it's a big day for them, I'm sure your parents would understand if you didn't feel up to going, or even if you came a little later than 11am.

And hopefully you'll feel a bit more like yourself by then too. smiley - cheerup

I'll relax

Post 169

aka Bel - A87832164

I just called them and told them that 11am was a tad early. It was as I guessed: my dad intends to order lunch, and wanted to make sure everybody was there in time. We now agreed that 1pm is early enough for lunch, so it should be sufficient if we leave here at about 8am - which is OK, as we'll just have to get up at the time we usually get up. smiley - puff

I'll relax

Post 170

That sounds like an acceptable solution for everyone smiley - smiley

I'll relax

Post 171

that it does smiley - zen

and smiley - ta for the well wishing smiley - smiley

smiley - pirate

I'll relax

Post 172

aka Bel - A87832164

If I'm lucky, my sister can convince him to skip lunch and just have smiley - coffee and smiley - cake in the afternoon, and dinner later.

I'll relax

Post 173

Ivan the Terribly Average

smiley - lurk

It looks like I missed all the fun here...

I'll relax

Post 174

van-smeiter

If it helps, Ivan, I've a couple of things to say since I left the convo and, as with all of Bel's threads, the fun never stops smiley - oksmiley - biggrin

MMF- Aren't some general anaesthetics given to relax the patient's muscles as much as to stop the patient from feeling pain? With my "quick" op, that was certainly necessary but it was exploratory in the sense that they didn't know exactly what would be necessry until they looked inside. (I'm reading a degree in Health Studies but I'm only just on to the human bio bit and I won't be studying surgery as such.) I think with dentistry in the UK, it's more to do with money than litigation; dental surgery takes time (that the dentist could use more profitably) and many patients couldn't afford it anyway.

Pierce- A harsh punishment for an intern but possibly fair given what you describe! smiley - winkeye Enjoy your weekend and happy birthday to your mum smiley - ok

I loved my general anaesthetic- mainly because it was a few hours of nothing in a way that sleep will never provide- but I had the fear of not waking up again and I would still have that niggling fear next time.

Sorry if I've retrogressed your thread Bel. I hope you feel well enough to have a pleasant journey and you have a smiley - magic celebration of your parents' long marriage. I wasn't sure what to get for a 50th anniversary but this smiley - gift contains all the happiness in the world.

Enjoy the smiley - disco
Van smiley - bubbly

I'll relax

Post 175

aka Bel - A87832164

Don't worry, Van, some things just have to be said, and what you say somewhat restores my trust in your doctors. smiley - winkeye
Dentistry here is done in the dentist's practice, hospitals here don't usually have a dentistry section.

I'll relax

Post 176

thanks van. it's nice to receive some understanding smiley - ok

my moms birthday went very well. now we can relax for another 5 years smiley - biggrin

good to hear you have reached a sensible solution, bel smiley - smooch

smiley - goodluck with it

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post