This is the Message Centre for MAD Jon

Hi MAD John...

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Just thought I'd stop by... Have a mufflewhump!

My name's Amy Pawloski (but you can call me Amy, or Amy P (there's a few Amys on here) or paperlady) and I'm an ACE, or Assistant Community Editor, and we help out new people, and try to make them feel welcome. Here's a couple of good places to check out, if you're just starting--

Thanks, Feisor, for this: Hints and Links for New Researchers (A719840)

Someplace you can meet a lot of different people very quickly! (A703126)

Since you say that you have a digibox, you might want to stop by here (A948602) which will tell you how to make h2g2's converstions more accessiblesmiley - ok And while A849134 wasn't necessarily written with digibox users in mind, there are several useful links on the bottom that you might want to check outsmiley - smiley

If you have any questions, about anything (well, maybe not *anything*--I'm not *that* smartsmiley - winkeye) you can click on reply to talk to me in this thread, or you can click on my name up there in the subject box and you will be taken to my space, where you can learn what a mufflewhump is (since I gave you one at the very beginningsmiley - smiley)

Hi MAD John...

Post 2

Michele - Doily Mogul: Don't leave me! If you go there'll be no braincells in the room at all!

Ooh! smiley - bigeyes Is Amy handing out mufflewhumps again! YAY!!!

Hello MAD Jon - My name is Michele and I am also an ACE! Welcome to h2g2!

smiley - rainbow

Hi MAD John...

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I kinda go on handing-out-spurts...

Others can give 'em out too, you knowsmiley - winkeye

i Michelre

Post 4

MAD Jon

Thanks for letting me know you exist.

Getting the hang of it all now, I think.

I am a bit concerned at the whole concept of entering peoples personnal space but then I am new to the virtual world.

Was that a fly agaric smilley?

If so I would be interested in knowing why you posted it.

i Michelre

Post 5

You can't 'enter' a personal space--if by entering you mean do anything to change someone else's. All you can do is read and post commentssmiley - smiley

smiley - erm A fly agaric smiley? Not sure what you mean... The only smileys I see are the smiley, biggrin, ok, bigeyes, and rainbow... (If you put <> around any of those, you'll get the smiley named)

Hi Amy

Post 6

MAD Jon

Thanks for your help.
The Fly Agaric is the classic fairy tale toadstools and very halluccinogenic it is often eaten by smiley - reindeer and laplanders hennce the reason for the stories of flying smiley - reindeer.
I have had a look at the smiley's list and must admit I cant find a
icon, but Michelle definately sent me one?

Hi Amy

Post 7

The only smileys I see in her post are smiley - bigeyes and smiley - rainbow...

I'm not arguing, just confused...

Magic Mushrooms

Post 8

MAD Jon

I've just got up off my sofa and had a closer look at the smiley (one of theadvantages of digi boxes is that you can do it from a sofa). Its actually a circular rainbow thing, not really sur what, but with a db and its resolution from the sofa (7ft) it looked liked a toadstool to me sorry for any misunderstanding.

Magic Mushrooms

Post 9

smiley - ok No problemsmiley - smiley

Magic Mushrooms

Post 10

Michele - Doily Mogul: Don't leave me! If you go there'll be no braincells in the room at all!

Wow... for a minute there I thought we had psychadelic smileys! smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post