This is the Message Centre for smurfles

REUNITED??

Post 1

smurfles

A few day ago i had a look in the friends reunited site,as i hadnt been in there for a while.There seemed to be a lot more names that i recognised,so off i went ,and sent two or three e-mails.I was surprised to get a reply as quickly as i did.My friend,susan,got in touch almost straight away,I haven't seen her for forty years,and we're catching up on what life has brought us,We talked about a friend that we both wondered about,and susan had more information than me about her,so i put it all to use,and after numerous phone calls i managed to track her down as well.I am just waiting for a member of her family to get back to me with her phone numbersmiley - biggrin.I can't imagine any reunion,as susan lives in australia,but it brought back so many memories about my days at school.We've shared some lovely e-mails.....what a wonderful thing the internet is.smiley - applausesmiley - somersaultsmiley - hug

REUNITED??

Post 2

tonemonkey(Steve Cooper, of BLiM fame (?!) contact me!)

Yay internet!

My wife has got in touch with several old schoolfriends thru friends re united, and says much the same thing!

REUNITED??

Post 3

smurfles

Hello there stranger,lovely to hear from you you.smiley - hugI'm glad that your wife has had some success finding her old school friends,,it is a really good site,has she got as giddy as i have when she got replies???smiley - somersaultI am a little disappointed at the ones that haven't replied,but there's still time,or maybe they've just forgotten mesmiley - cry.xxx

REUNITED??

Post 4

tonemonkey(Steve Cooper, of BLiM fame (?!) contact me!)

Hey there yourself! Hows things?

We found that it can take a few weeks even for people to either

a)remember who you are

b)remember if they even liked you

and

c) get over the guilt they feel for loosing contact in the first place.

Still it is good when they get in touch!

REUNITED??

Post 5

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

smiley - applause Yay smurfles!smiley - smiley

REUNITED??

Post 6

Smudger879n

Yes! Well done Smurflessmiley - ok The interent is a great thing.

I met an old oppo (friend) from my R.N. days, in fact we were on Britannia at the same time way back in the 70ssmiley - cool

As we both lived in Scotland, we made plans to have our reunion on board our old ship, which is now in Leith near Edinburgh.

Anyway, we had our meet up, and it was great, but what spoiled the day for us both, was to see "the old Girl" in such a poor statesmiley - erm

In fact, I wrote a Snippet about it called, "Reunion" give it a look if you have the time!smiley - oksmiley - coolsmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger,

REUNITED??

Post 7

serenity

hi everyone.

both smiley - monster and i have our names on there.

ive had no response whatsoeversmiley - wah. not that im bothered, because i hated my school days and the crowd i was with.

smiley - monster had a response from his very bestest friend and we met up for as drink and a meal.
there was a lot of 'do you remembers?' and a good time was had by all. but there hasnt been anymore contact though.
i dont think that is old best friend was too happy with how smiley - monster has turned out smiley - rofl
they havent bothered to make any further contact.

smiley - rose

REUNITED??

Post 8

aka Bel - A87832164

Hi Sal, I'm glad you found some old friends via internet smiley - biggrin
We had a meet from my old school class 2.5 years ago, the next meet is planned in 2.5 years' time smiley - magic
It was funny to see that the women hadn't changed much within the past twenty years, but it was a bit difficult to recognise the men, you know, having beards and smiley - ale-bellies smiley - rofl

REUNITED??

Post 9

smurfles

hi claudia,nice to hear from you.Ihave changed such a lot,i don't think anyone would know me now!!!I didn't wear glasses at school,and i am certainly an entirely different shapesmiley - winkeye,and,i only had one chin in those days<smiley - biggrin

REUNITED??

Post 10

aka Bel - A87832164

Some of the women had different shapes, too, but all in all the changes weren't that drastic - neither of us had lost her hair, for instancesmiley - laugh
Hope you are fine, will try a bit more to keep in touch

smiley - love n smiley - hugs

Claudia

REUNITED??

Post 11

smurfles

I always enjoy hearing from you claudiasmiley - hug
Well,since my original posting i have spoken to the friend that both susan and i were looking for smiley - biggrin.She was totally surprised,and didn't know what to say,but very excited that i put her in touch with susan again......she didn't quite remember mesmiley - sadface.I've also had an e-mail from another friend,who i last saw when i was 11,and she DID remember mesmiley - somersault!!!II took a look at my hubbies old secondary school,and found some more old friends on there,so here goes again.!!!!

Hey tone.enjoy the concerts,was it really a year ago that you went to the last one??smiley - hug

REUNITED??

Post 12

JINTY. ...back in circulation again

hi
i too have found friends from 1946 and 1949 one in australia one in canada its great having a natter abiout the old days
i had a friend visiting me the other week i hadnt seen her for 30 years she ended up staying the night we had so much to talk about now we keep in touch by email instead of just a card at xmas ive known her since i was 2 yrs old now we're well over the hill infact we're nearly at the bottom of it on the other side no where to go aftyer that lol
jinty

REUNITED??

Post 13

smurfles

Aw jinty.you aren't anywhere near the bottom of of the hill luv,and you look amazing.What a lovely smile you havesmiley - biggrinIsn't it a nice chatting to someone who remembers your childhood better than you do.Ihave little recollection of the years up to becoming a teenager,i'm hoping my friends will remember better than me!!!smiley - hugx

REUNITED??

Post 14

JINTY. ...back in circulation again

hi sal
i was the one that remembered most and she was none too happy ....no i'm just kidding she said what a blooming memory you have
dont ask me what happened yesterday though ha ha
re the smile thats a put on i'm not really like that i'm a torn faced bitch most of the time
i think my son painted that smile on my photo
he always says i wear a mask hes needing a clip round the ear but i'll need to wait till he's sitting down hes too big for me to reach now
i hope i put your right name on here
jinty xxx

Key: Complain about this post