This is the Message Centre for marvthegrate LtG KEA

I am my work

Post 1

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I am really excited about the new job. I've been there for three days and it already feels like home to me.

The work is good, the pay is good, the atmosphere is pleasant. Things are looking up.

I am my work

Post 2

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Have you gone home at all? smiley - silly

Marv, this sounds like really good things are coming about since you left your comfort zone for a while! smiley - smiley

I am my work

Post 3

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Well, I have yet to work an 8 hour work day, but I am known for my somewhat long hours. I don't think that I will be doing the 60-80 hour hauls that I was at The Borg.

I am excited at many of the projects that I will be working on. I am also glad that my boss will listen to my opinions. This gives me the ability to do the right thing.

I am my work

Post 4

Titania (gone for lunch)

Wohooo - sounds great!smiley - bubbly

I am my work

Post 5

tartaronne

Indeed great.

I am my work

Post 6

Phil

Good to hear you're getting on well at the new place Marv.
You deserve some good things to happen to you smiley - smiley

I am my work

Post 7

Hypatia

Marv, you're overdue for a happy stretch in your life. I'm delighted about your new job and that things are looking up on the personal front, as well. smiley - hug

I am my work

Post 8

marvthegrate LtG KEA

That is kind of you all, esp Hyp. Yup, things are looking up for a change. But I don't want to jinx myself here. I am just going to take it a day at a time.

Today I get to meet the CIO. I have not yet had a chance to meet him formally. Going to continue building this server (by RTFMing for a change) to see if I can get it working.

I am my work

Post 9

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

So far it sounds like a great place to work!

I am my work

Post 10

tartaronne

And a CIO is..?
*Searches Internet*
Chief Information Officer.
Your immediate boss?

I am my work

Post 11

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I report to the CTO (Chief technology officer). I do not know if he reports directly to the board or to the CIO first.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for marvthegrate LtG KEA

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more