This is the Message Centre for Secretly Not Here Any More

Coldsores

Post 1

Secretly Not Here Any More

I'm in the process of cultivating my first coldsore in about five years. And as I do in times like these, I go to a pharmacy and spend money on something that's either an ineffective cure or an ineffective placebo.

But this time, I decided to read the application instructions:

"For mouth and lips only..."

So far, so good. That's where coldsores grow, after all.

"...do not use inside the mouth..."

Fair enough, someone might be daft enough to rub it inside their lips too, the weird buggers.

"...in the eyes..."

Coldsores? In the eyes?

"...or inside the vagina."

Wut.

I've head of chapped lips, but that's ridiculous.

Coldsores

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - snorksmiley - snorksmiley - snork there are probably other things, better for 'sore lips' smiley - whistlesmiley - snorksmiley - roflsmiley - zen

Just watch it... reading instructions can be a dangerous thing; Just whatever you do, don't* read the instuctions on the toothpicks smiley - zen

Coldsores

Post 3

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

well you can get that variant of the herpes virus on your lips it's not as common, I presume you can probably use a similar antiviral on both but perhaps in different quantities and application procedures smiley - erm

Coldsores

Post 4

I thought that might be it Anth.

Coldsores

Post 5

McKay The Disorganised

Genital herpes is related to ordinary herpes, and can be dangerous inside the vagina during pregnancy. Like cold sores the attacks tend to come when someone is run down or depressed.

smiley - cider

Coldsores

Post 6

Well, I've learned something here. I'll be sure not to rub my face on any pregnant women's ladyparts.

Coldsores

Post 7

Gaylez

well what can i say, you learn something new everyday- even if it is things you never wanted to know smiley - smiley Be well Pals X

Coldsores

Post 8

Life'd be no fun if you only learned things you wanted to know.

Coldsores

Post 9

Gaylez

That is true- this way is much more fun smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Secretly Not Here Any More

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more