This is the Message Centre for ~:*-Venus-*:~

Good news....

Post 1

~:*-Venus-*:~

Well for me anyway.
I had to go for a final assement today to see if i still meet the criteria for new medication. I passed with swollen joints to spare smiley - erm
This new treatment should give me dramatic results according to the rheumatology nurse, we'll see.
Hopefully i will begin the treatment in 4 to 6 weeks time. Anything has got to be better than the condition i'm in currently.smiley - sadface
So keep your fingers crossed for me, that the ant-TNF injections give me a new lease of life, I can't cross my own fingers as they are too painful. smiley - brave

Good news....

Post 2

Websailor

Oh, Venus, I will keep everything crossed, of course I will, I wouldn't wish your pain on anyone.smiley - hug

Is it any inherited condition, or has your work got anything to do with it? I do hope the new stuff works.

I have osteoarthritis, but only enough to be a nuisance so far, and I am years older than you so perhaps it is to be expected. I'm wearing out smiley - rofl

Websailor smiley - dragon

Good news....

Post 3

I have rheumatoid arthritis, which is'nt work related. Though it is putting the dampers on any real gardening at the moment. smiley - sadface
It can be inherited as my daughter tested positive for it when she was 16, she has some mild symptoms now she's much older. I hope she does'nt develop it like i have it smiley - goodluck

Good news....

Post 4

Websailor

Oh, what a shame. Still perhaps there will have been some breakthrough before it becomes a real problem to her, if it ever does. I do hope so.

smiley - goodluck

Good news....

Post 5

Skankyrich [?]

Crossing everything for you, and wishing I could come and help you out with some weeding smiley - smiley

Good news....

Post 6

KB

smiley - goodluck Venus - I hope it makes a world of difference to you!

Good news....

Post 7

Hypatia

Venus, fingers crossed here, as well. And I'm sending lots of good wishes for a successful outcome. smiley - star

Good news....

Post 8

Thankyou everyone smiley - hug

Rich, you're always welcome to come and help weed my garden, i still have a pesky shrub i havent managed to dig out smiley - winkeye
Nice to see you back aswell. smiley - smiley

KB. I'm hoping it makes a big difference aswell, if it does'nt work there is no other treatment i can have as i've tried them all. smiley - erm

Hypatia. With any luck, will have started the new treatment before the trip to the zoo. smiley - smiley

Good news....

Post 9

Ivan the Terribly Average

I'm a bit late as usual... Good luck with the treatment. smiley - smiley

Good news....

Post 10

hayayfi

smiley - winkeye

Good news....

Post 11

Hello Hayafi.
I havent seen you around in a long time, how ya doin'?

Good news....

Post 12

The funding for the treatment has now been approved. I just have to wait for the delivery company to get in touch and arrange a date to deliver the drugs. Then i wait for a nurse to arrange to come round and show me how to inject it smiley - brave The whole thing should be up and running within 2-3 weeks.
I hope it's worth the wait and the new treatment works.

Good news....

Post 13

Hypatia

smiley - hug Let's all concentrate on it working. Thoughts are creative.

Good news....

Post 14

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

Venus, I wish you well, as always and my thoughts are with you, especially when it comes to the acupuncture! smiley - yuk

Fingers crossed the meds work... Kew is in need of another visit! smiley - winkeye

smiley - hug and smiley - goodluck

smiley - kiss

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Good news....

Post 15

Websailor

smiley - goodluck Venus, I really do hope it works for you.

Good news....

Post 16

Al Johnston

smiley - hugsmiley - smooch

Good news....

Post 17

Now for an update.

I had the first of the injections of the new drug last week and the second yesterday.smiley - brave The effects have been astonishing and i'm still coming to terms with how quick this drug is working. smiley - erm I can now move about freely without being in severe pain. I can bend my knees again and kneel, though that is still a bit painful. smiley - brave After 6 months of not being able to do much at all, i now have to start getting fit again ready to spend hours in my garden. smiley - zen I just hope the effects last. smiley - goodluck

Good news....

Post 18

Websailor

smiley - wow that's quite something isn't it? Just don't overdo it 'cus you feel much better.

I think I could do with something like that smiley - sigh

Hope you continue to progress, or at least maintain the improvement.

Good news....

Post 19

Hi Webbie.
It's hard to resist the temptation to overdo things, as i've been so laid up for so long. You're right of course, i should ease into things gently. smiley - smiley

I hope i continue to progress too, at least untill i'm back to my old self.

Good news....

Post 20

Websailor

It must be wonderful to feel so much better though <smiley<

Key: Complain about this post