This is the Message Centre for ~:*-Venus-*:~

New year, new beginings?? Pah!!

Post 1

~:*-Venus-*:~

I had this idea, that this year would be a new start for me. After all that i went through last year spliting from my partner etc etc.
Ha! who was i kidding. I lost my cat 3 weeks ago, i miss him terribly. He was always there through think & thin. I used to talk to him when no one else wanted to listen. He never complained and was happy to sit with me for hours. He was my friend and now he's gone smiley - wah
Then today i get dumped by text, but 'its not me' not me?? of course its me. You don't dump someone if they are not the defective party, so of course its bloody me!! Another 'blow' to my self esteem and confidence smiley - sigh
My conclusion is New year, new beginings? yeah right. Same S**t different year is how it really is!! smiley - sadface

Post 2

(crazyhorse)impeach hypatia

alas a wise man once said" nothing changes but the places and the faces"..as i sit hereere still smoking and drinking tea it occurs to me that things coulcould be worsesmiley - smiley

Post 3

Really? right now nothing could be worse. I guess i'm not very optimistic today. smiley - sadface

Post 4

Shhhhhh........due to circumstances and stuff - I think I'm back now! and a bit of front :-)

Nahhhhhhhhhh it's a state of mind init!
There's a lot to be said for thinking positive and not lettering the B*********ds grind you down!!

Post 5

DIZZY.DI Keeper of REBS dodgy tackle

my dear friend
please look at it another waysmiley - sadface it might be for the better all round you know after all Guiness didn't suffer that must be
a good thing
surely smiley - hug
and for
the other he doesn't know what a good companion
and friend he had
your not the loser

He is!!

Di smiley - rose

Post 6

Artisan

Aww..big,big,big...big hugs for you..it's all sent to try us Venus...keep your head high...
G smiley - cuddle

Post 7

Somethings are just tooo trying smiley - sadface

I'll get over it i guess, but no more cats for me, its its too hard when they go. smiley - wah

As for the other one...i'm sure he does'nt see it as 'his loss' somehow

Post 8

Hoon

It's hard when things come to an end, and we always feel that somehow we must be to blame, but isn't it the natural way of things that everything ends in time anyway?

Just be grateful for the time you had, your cat had a better time with you than he would have had with someone less caring, and your partner has made a decision he will have to live with later, now you must move on.

Take what you've learned from both experiences and move on, whether you realise it now or not, you are stronger for all life's experiences, both good and bad.

Post 9

Al Johnston

smiley - hugsmiley - cuddle

As the borg might say, his opinion is irrelevant

"Cheer up" they said, "it could be worse"; so I did and it was.

smiley - devilsmiley - pirate

Post 10

well i hope things improve lass this has not been a stellar year for anyone so farsmiley - cheerup

Post 11

I hope so too smiley - smiley al0 alot has happened already and we're only in March smiley - sadface

Post 12

Boxing Baboon (half here an half there )

have you thought about getting yourselfanother smiley - cat? it wont replace to you old cat but it will fill the space smiley - smiley oh and anotherthing dont let the smiley - bleep get you down .You get down and depressed and the ppl who cause you to feel like that also get down and depressed but they deal with it better by taking out their misery on others i.e you so have a right big laugh at the sickos smiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrinsmiley - laugh

Post 13

neri_aracro

Venus,

I list one of my inspirations as Venus Williams. After watching her semifinal aginst Jennifer Capriati at the US Open in 2001, I felt inspired to do everything. I gained a determined spring in my step and I started walking my full height.

Even though she may be ranked below her little sister in the rankings at the moment, she still cuts a better figure on court and she'll always be taller than Serena!!!

Unless you actually get to see that match, I'm not sure how much it can help you besides knowing that life is a Ferris Wheel: up and down all the time; just enjoy the ride, you paid for it!

Post 14

Another cat is out of the question, i'm not here enough to spend time with a new cat, it would'nt be fair on it. Maybe i'll have a change of heart in the future who knows.

Post 15

Shhhhhh........due to circumstances and stuff - I think I'm back now! and a bit of front :-)

Old cliche I know but time IS a great healer smiley - cuddlesmiley - hug

Post 16

serenity

hi smiley - smiley

im sorry to hear that this year hasnt had the best of starts for yousmiley - blue

ive sent something to you, via jonathan, as i dont have your address. hopefuly it will show some comfort to yousmiley - smiley

hsmiley - rose

Post 17

aye lass it's a lovely evening and as we live an and breath we do good as for being dumped by text well ..text aint what it's cracked up to be

Post 18

serenity

which proves how much of a smiley - bleep he is, as he cant even do it in person.

you are better off without him.

hsmiley - rose

Post 19

Thats so true, and i'm feeling alot more positive today smiley - smiley
All you guys have been very supportive with your words, and i thank you for being my friends, and here when i needed some comfort. A big smiley - hug for everyone

Jen xx

Post 20

good on ye lasssmiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post