This is the Message Centre for ~:*-Venus-*:~

What to do....

Post 1

~:*-Venus-*:~

I'm on holiday until the 11th Aug. At the time i booked these 2 weeks off, i had loads of ideas as to what i was going to do. Now that i'm off, i don't know what to do and cannot for the life of me remember what my original plans were smiley - doh For the last 3 days, i've just dossed around and slept, hardly a good use of my time eh! smiley - erm I'm acutally getting bored, which is'nt like me. smiley - sadface
Anyone got any ideas, that don't include having a passport or hard work? smiley - smiley

What to do....

Post 2

airscotia-back by popular demand

Hmmmmmm, tricky one that mate. smiley - erm

Doesn't need a passport and no hard work involved. smiley - eureka Be the queen for a day.smiley - laugh

What to do....

Post 3

I'm always queen dear smiley - tongueout Its just my palace is slightly on the snug side smiley - laugh

What to do....

Post 4

smiley - laughsmiley - laugh A bijou palace.

Hey seriously though on the entertainment front, you thought of a boat trip? Nothing quite like an hour just pottering up and down the river, you really see your local world from a different angle.Obviously i mean a pleasure trip, not thrashing away in a rowing boat. smiley - winkeyesmiley - laugh

What to do....

Post 5

Ummm...we don't have boat trips here. smiley - sadface I guess our rivers are just not interesting enough, or too shallow for a boat.
This is'nt looking good is it?

What to do....

Post 6

I'm just off to work now, but i'll give this some serious pondering during the day Venus smiley - ok See ya later.smiley - winkeye

*Puts on his thinking head, and dashes out the door*

What to do....

Post 7

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

No pass port, eh? Well, you know that wipes out my first 20 ideas. smiley - erm

There IS still that garden centre/shop that you quite enjoyed, even if you go alone. I could suggest a couple of more entries to this place, with your expansive knowledge. Or perhaps even a day-trip to some corner of your own country that you had never expected to see?

What to do....

Post 8

Garden centre? What garden centre? I don't think i want to visit any garden centres, bit like a busmans holiday ya know. smiley - erm

Ho-hum, guess no one else has any ideas either. smiley - sadface

What to do....

Post 9

You know my memory ... smiley - senior That there place that you and a co-worker went to last year, and you lugged a TREE home ...

What to do....

Post 10

aka Bel - A87832164

That's a tough question, Venus. Why don't you head to Devon and let Skanky show you the pebble beach at Beer ? Or Torquay/Torbay , where he lives ? I know that it's quite far to go there, but maybe youcould stay at some B&B over night ?

What to do....

Post 11

Oh, you mean Columbia road smiley - doh Thats only on a Sunday, and i don't think i would want to go there, as i would buy loads of stuff....and have no one to help carry it home! smiley - laugh

B'el
That is a nice idea, but Devon is very busy this time of year with tourists, you have to book up months in advance to go in the summer time.

What to do....

Post 12

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

smiley - ok B'Elana. Good idea, and it is Sidmouth Folk Festival next week, so loads of free music and entertainment as well. Only a few minutes from Beer and Ottery St. Mary's.

smiley - musicalnote

What to do....

Post 13

aka Bel - A87832164

Pity, from what Rich has wroitten about it, I think it must be very beautiful smiley - smiley
Oh, I've just remembered there is some sort of Garden, different from Kew Gardens, but they have a huge stock of seeds from all sorts of plants from all over the world, I must go and ask Icy, I don't think it's very far from where you live - that might be a nice place to go smiley - smiley

What to do....

Post 14

I've been to Devon before, i lived Dorset for many years and it is a very beautiful place. All that coastline is smiley - smiley

What to do....

Post 15

B'el
Do you mean the Millenium seed bank? Thats not open to the public as far as i know smiley - erm

What to do....

Post 16

aka Bel - A87832164

I don't recall the name or location of it, just that Icy went there with his family. Unfortunately, he's going home now. Guess that means that I'll have to go through our conversation, and I don't even remember which month it was smiley - erm

What to do....

Post 17

Don't worry about it now, you could always ask him tomorrow smiley - ok

What to do....

Post 18

aka Bel - A87832164

True, although Millenium Seedbank does seem to ring a bell. I'll google it, see what i can find out smiley - ok

What to do....

Post 19

aka Bel - A87832164

I've found it, I'löl email you the content smiley - smiley

Millennium Seed Bank
Wakehurst Place
Ardingly
West Sussex RH17 6TN
United Kingdom

What to do....

Post 20

Month? smiley - wow, I'm lucky if I keep any mails for 24 hours, let alone catalogued by time slices. smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post