A Conversation for MEETS FORUM

February 2010 Bristol.

Post 1

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

Hellooo smiley - smiley It was suggested I post it up here. My birthday's on a friday next year, which means that it's officially a birthday weekend for me.

To celebrate me turning nearly 30 (not almost thirty, that'll be the next one) I was wondering if people would fancy a saturday meet on the 13th feb somewhere in bristol. Most likely an evening at a pub, which doesn't need to be a crazy busy pub, but on the other hand, I know where we can move on to if anyone wants to smiley - diva the night away as well.

If anyone fancies it, well, suggest ideas or preferences... I'm calling dictator rights on this one so my decision will be final, but I'm a friendly kind of dictator. No killings or maimings smiley - smiley I just thought it'd be fun to celebrate my birthday with my first h2 meet and combine it with an excuse to get our west-countryers together...

So, roll up! Roll up! smiley - somersaultsmiley - somersaultsmiley - somersaultsmiley - somersaultsmiley - somersaultsmiley - somersault

February 2010 Bristol.

Post 2

Vip

I thought I'd mention that the official meet thread is currently in Robyn's journal.

smiley - fairy

February 2010 Bristol.

Post 3

Oh, either or, I'll keep an eye on both.

Woohoo!

February 2010 Bristol.

Post 4

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

smiley - ok

February 2010 Bristol.

Post 5

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Will there be cake? smiley - cake

February 2010 Bristol.

Post 6

That could possibly be arranged...

(who am I kidding? Of course there will be cake. What's the point in a birthday without a cake?)

February 2010 Bristol.

Post 7

ooo smiley - cake

Will there be beer? and Drunkyness?

February 2010 Bristol.

Post 8

Of course. There happens to be more than one decent smiley - ale house in this here town of mine...

February 2010 Bristol.

Post 9

Not to mention the apple.

An actual boat full of actual cider.

smiley - smiley

February 2010 Bristol.

Post 10

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

Bristol? That's nearly in America isn't it?

February 2010 Bristol.

Post 11

Its not... its not Sougth of the river is it? smiley - yikes
*shivers*

February 2010 Bristol.

Post 12

Nooooooo!

I lived there for a while. I'm up near Frenchay now. One now lives in a posh villarge. smiley - smiley

February 2010 Bristol.

Post 13

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

I'm interested. Not certain of anything, but certainly interested. I've been to one hootoo meet and loved it.

TRiG.smiley - smiley

February 2010 Bristol.

Post 14

Vip

I for one would be glad to meet you. We haven't met before, have we?

smiley - fairy

February 2010 Bristol.

Post 15

who? me or trig? smiley - smiley

It's getting close and it's looking good! i think there's almost a plan emerging as well!

February 2010 Bristol.

Post 16

Vip

I know I haven't met you, Robyn, but I'm not sure about TRiG!

I need to start booking that hotel... and poking my other friend who I'm hopefully seeing that week too.

smiley - fairy

February 2010 Bristol.

Post 17

smiley - smiley Right, I'll see if I can summon up a link...

This one is basically AT the bus station:
http://www.premierinn.com/en/checkHotelAvailability!execute.action

And this one's right opposite the train station (well, as near as dammit) and seems pretty cheap...

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/rates/brsct?ias=y&availCheckCaching=n&_requestid=371851

February 2010 Bristol.

Post 18

Vip

Oh! I just meant that *I* need to look them up, but thanks for doing that Robyn. smiley - kiss

smiley - fairy

February 2010 Bristol.

Post 19

Vip

Ah, and just to let you know that, as I'm in Bristol, I've invited my best friend along too. SHe's working during the day though so she doesn't know whether she'll be able to make it. I'll keep you posted.

Just going off to book hotels now!

smiley - fairy

February 2010 Bristol.

Post 20

Vip

Done! Just in case anyone would like to stay at the same place, I've booked in at the Premier Inn at 'Bristol City Centre King St'. It was the cheapest I could find, at £61.

smiley - fairy

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more