This is the Message Centre for Laura

The results are in...

Post 1

Laura

It's a 2.1!!!!! smiley - boingsmiley - wowsmiley - divasmiley - somersault

I was sooo worried - my last lot exams weren't very good and pulled my mark to a 2.2. When I wasn't called for a viva I was very worried, but I managed to do well enough in this lot of exams to pull my average result back up and I graduate with a 2.1!

I can't really say how relieved I am, there is a big difference between an upper second and a lower second when getting jobs. I am so happy smiley - bravesmiley - boingsmiley - somersaultsmiley - wowsmiley - magicsmiley - cheers

In other news I'm off on holiday tomorrow, so I won't be online for at least two weeks, maybe as much as a month as it may not have any internet for a bit.

The results are in...

Post 2

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

The numbers and 'viva' are meaningless to me. But apparently they please you greatly, so CONGRATULATIONS !!!! Whoooo-hooooo !!!

And I hope you greatly enjoy your much-deserved vacation. See ya later, Old Man. smiley - hug

The results are in...

Post 3

Laura

If my result was borderline between two degree classifications (which I expected it to be) then I'd have to give a presentation and answer questions about the course in front of the external examiner so they could decide what degree I would get. That would have been the viva, but in the end I didn't need to do one smiley - biggrin

An upper second is a good result smiley - biggrin, it's not the best but it's enough to do further study if I wanted and a lot of employers want a 2.1. Consequently, I'm certainly happy with it smiley - magicsmiley - cheers

The results are in...

Post 4

Michael

smiley - cheersnice one! have a smiley - ale on mesmiley - cool

The results are in...

Post 5

Laura

smiley - ale sounds like a good idea smiley - biggrin, so far all I've had is a celebratory glass of smiley - milksmiley - ermsmiley - laugh

The results are in...

Post 6

Michael

you're a student and you're drinking smiley - milk!!!!!!!!

The results are in...

Post 7

aka Bel - A87832164

Congratulations Unc smiley - applausesmiley - spacesmiley - bubblysmiley - spacesmiley - magic
Have a well deserved, great holiday smiley - ok

The results are in...

Post 8

Michael

yes, where is it you're going?

The results are in...

Post 9

aka Bel - A87832164

I think Unc mentioned mountain climbing in Austria in one of her other journals, but maybe my recollection is wrong smiley - erm

The results are in...

Post 10

Michael

wow, sounds goodsmiley - smiley

The results are in...

Post 11

Researcher PSG

The destination has changed slightly (So says a person being dragged along on the ever changing holidaysmiley - smiley) but walking is definately on the agendasmiley - smiley

Well done Uncsmiley - bubbly

Researcher PSG

The results are in...

Post 12

Researcher PSG

No climbing involved though, only walking...thankfullysmiley - smiley

Researcher PSG

The results are in...

Post 13

Michael

always preferred bikes myself, though I'd rather walk than climbsmiley - smiley

The results are in...

Post 14

aka Bel - A87832164

Ah well, I'm old and my memory is faulty smiley - rofl I think Unc said something about walking in the mountains - to me that's practically the same as climbing smiley - laugh

The results are in...

Post 15

Dolt

Congratulations!

smiley - alesmiley - cheers

The results are in...

Post 16

Laura

smiley - cheers all smiley - biggrin

Yep, we're off to Barcelona to start with, and then off to the Pyranees smiley - biggrin. It was Austria at one point Bel, you're memory isn't wrong there, but as PSG said the location did keep changing smiley - biggrin

The results are in...

Post 17

aka Bel - A87832164

smiley - puff I'm really glad to hear that. smiley - biggrin
Can you WALK in the Pyrenées without having to climb ? smiley - huh
Unc, I must leave here now, you know my best wishes are with you, and I really hope to meet you in London in July smiley - ok

The results are in...

Post 18

Laura

Probably smiley - biggrin, I know very little about using ropes so I hope no climbing is needed. The aim of the holiday is to enjoy it, we've decided not to do any silly stupidly long 'see how many mountains you can walk up in one day' type walks this time.

I hope to see you in London too, I'll be doing all I can to get to that meet smiley - biggrin.

Time I got some dinner smiley - run

The results are in...

Post 19

puzzlella (playing word games, solving puzzles)

Congratulations smiley - bubbly

The results are in...

Post 20

TeaKay

Well done smiley - smiley

TK[1]smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post