This is the Message Centre for tanzen

Naming my children...

Post 1

tanzen

...ok, just to jump in on any thoughts running through random minds...no I'm not married *yet* smiley - winkeye, and I'm not knocked up (unless I'm having the Jesus baby, but I don't think God's sense of humour is that warped smiley - biggrin).

I am thinking of names for my dragon and phoenix...now, I suppose most people would know about the dragon on my right arm...and I'm sure I've told a few people about my plans to get a phoenix on my left arm...apart from the fact that I love the idea of the dragon and phoenix, the are supposed to represent the masculine and the feminine (maybe the phoenix will balance me smiley - weird)...and apart from that it appeals to my sense of symmetry...

So I'm trying to think of names...hopefully somewhere between too serious and too funny...and it's a bit tricky for me to think of any...so I beg the help of my friends (that'd be you guys smiley - biggrin) to help me pick out some names...

These are the ones I've thought of so far...

Abelard and Heloise
Bonnie and Clyde
Sid and Nancy
Lennon and McCartney
Statler & Waldorf (which isn’t really going to work if ones a boy and one’s a girl, but it’s still a good idea smiley - winkeye)
Sam & Eric
Eliza & Darcy
Pinky & the Brain
Benedick & Beatrice
Laurel and Hardy

...as you can tell I'm not doing too well...so any help would be much appreciated smiley - cheerup

Naming my children...

Post 2

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

I like Abelard and Heloise
I've been planning to inflict the name Agamemnon on my first-born son
How about Paris and Helen or Napoleon and Joesephine smiley - biggrin

Naming my children...

Post 3

tanzen

Abelard and Heloise would be my first pick too...I just don't know if it's a bit too...over-important...for tattoos smiley - erm??

Thanks for your suggestions...I figure when I get enough I will just sit down, get smiley - drunk and make a decision then smiley - ok

Naming my children...

Post 4

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

oh dear, my suggestions were just as grandiose smiley - laugh
I did like Pinky and the Brain but I reckon it might pall after a while

Naming my children...

Post 5

Grandpa BIRIYANI

Humphrey & Horris

spit n spat

lefty & righty

gizmo & stripe

smiley - winkeye I'll think of beetter uns for ya...

Naming my children...

Post 6

tanzen

To be honest I was quite liking the idea of Eva and Adolf (as names, anyway), but I'm sure I have some philosophical argument with that smiley - laugh

(still liking Abelard and Heloise as my favourites...but I might have to think of nicknames for them smiley - winkeye)

(even though none of my friends would be suprised that I 1) had tattoos 2) named them after a monk and nun who wrote love letters to each other)

smiley - laugh

Naming my children...

Post 7

stars'n'stripes (that I can't imagine you picking)
Abbi and Normal
Abbott and Costello

Naming my children...

Post 8

Grandpa BIRIYANI

popye n olive

clink n clank

henry n henrietta

ozzie n aussie

smiley - winkeye

Naming my children...

Post 9

tanzen

*scribbles furiously in her notebook*

Naming my children...

Post 10

Grandpa BIRIYANI

on a serious note,smiley - ermr the tattoo's on yer arms ?? smiley - winkeye

Naming my children...

Post 11

I like popeye n olive smiley - smiley (just a romantic fool)

Oedipus n mom smiley - winkeye

Naming my children...

Post 12

tanzen

I will try and get pictures of them, to see if that will help you to help me smiley - smiley

Yeah Gaz, at the moment I've just got the shield on my back and the dragon on my right arm...if all goes well I'll have the phoenix done soon smiley - smiley

Oh, and Kitty....um...smiley - erm...ick...smiley - laugh

Naming my children...

Post 13

Grandpa BIRIYANI

Im off now lady tanzsmiley - hug...Im nodding off here,,spk soon..xx

Naming my children...

Post 14

smiley - sorrysmiley - evilgrin

Romeo n Juliet would be too too soppy

Naming my children...

Post 15

tanzen

Night Gaz smiley - cuddlesmiley - smooch

Say hi to the kids for me smiley - winkeye

You're a lost cause, aren't you Kity smiley - bigeyes...

*shakes head in despair*

Naming my children...

Post 16

Agamemnon and Klymnestrea (if you'd read your Homer you'd know why that is another "not nice" suggestion)

Orestes and Elektra (darn, I've done it again) smiley - evilgrin

Naming my children...

Post 17

Miz

Hiya guys,

I've got a tattoo but never gave it a name, lol I guess I'll call it flower as its like a funky flower with spikes and swirls comming out from it, I forget it's there most of the time.

Naming my children...

Post 18

tanzen

Luckily I don't wear a lot of short sleeved tops, although everyone at work found out pretty quickly about both of mine anyway...still I can't wait to get my next one smiley - smiley

(Kitty, you're problem is you're going back into mythology...and so few of those relationships were happy nice ones smiley - biggrin)

(the monk and the nun are sounding better all the time)

Naming my children...

Post 19

no more mythology then smiley - biggrin

Macbeth and Lady Macbeth (maybe not)
MacHeath aka Mac the Knife and Polly Peachum

I think I'd better quit whilst I'm ahead smiley - run

Naming my children...

Post 20

tanzen

I initially considered Hephaestus and Aphrodite, Hepheastus being associated with fire and Aphrodite with beauty...but then, there relationship didn't really work out either...and I wouldn't want to hate my phoenix by association smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for tanzen

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more