This is the Message Centre for Smudger879n

Hoping.

Post 1

Smudger879n

I have just put my wee car into the local garage to be fixed, as it started playing up a few days ago?smiley - erm

The ABS & ESP lights both come on every time I get the car up to around 50 mph? Then the car begins to "judder" so bad that it feels like the engine is going to fall off?

Then, while I was looking through all its paper work, looking for the security code for the radio, (as they might have to disconnect the battery)I noticed that its MOT ran out a few days agosmiley - wah

Never did find the code either, and that means if the do disconnect the battery, I wont be able to listen to the radio any more???smiley - erm

So, here I am just sitting here,.......hopingsmiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Hoping.

Post 2

Websailor

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Smudger, that is the last thing you need at this time of year, but it seems to be when things do start going wrong. At least you discovered about the MOT, which will have saved you getting caught out.

Take care,

Websailor smiley - dragon

Hoping.

Post 3

Smudger879n

Cheers for that WS, I went to get it today, but it failed the MOT, a broken suspension spring?

Not surprised really, with all those speed bumps we have around here?

Plus, the found the problem with the ABS/ESP lights staying on, it seems that a sensor in the computer, is the problem, and they cant get a new one until tomorrow, so we don't have a car until thensmiley - erm

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Hoping.

Post 4

Websailor

Oh well, these things are best found, and it seems they have been thorough which many are not.

Hoping.

Post 5

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Bummer smudger. I detest vehicle problems, and all that comes with.

Hoping.

Post 6

Smudger879n

Still no car back as yet,smiley - wah I think that sensor they got for it wasn't the problem at all, I bet it was the Reluctors on both rear wheels, like they said on the Smart car owners web site.

I phoned the garage at 16.00 but they said they would call me when its ready, how long before that I have no ideasmiley - erm

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Hoping.

Post 7

Websailor

Oh dear, how frustrating smiley - grr

Hoping.

Post 8

Smudger879n

Well, I got it back but it cost us £189.smiley - wah It seems that the broken spring had upset the ABS sensors which are very delicate, so I've been told, and they had to be replaced, (both front ones)

They passed it through the MOT after that!

I've been in touch with the council, and claimed the cost of fixing the broken spring £75, as in my opinion its all the speed humps they have in our area, that caused the damage?

In fact, I got a visit from our local councillor this morning, who said he was going to make a case, that the speed humps can damage Smart car suspensions, as he has been campaigning for ages about the height and angle of the humps in our area.

So, he says my case will be important for the causesmiley - winkeye

I'm not against the idea of these humps, but I don't think that ALL motorists should have to suffer, because of a small percentage of drivers will just not slow down in built up areas.

Another point I have raised, is that they are in the wrong places, they should be in the housing areas, where kids do live and play, and not all through the High Street of our village.smiley - erm

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Hoping.

Post 9

Websailor

They are something of a pain here too Smudger. I hope you get sorted, and something is done. At least you have wheels again smiley - smiley

Websailorsmiley - dragon

Hoping.

Post 10

Smudger879n

Thanks for that WS, much appreciatedsmiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Hoping.

Post 11

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

The manufacturer of the car should have a record
of the radio code if it was installed at the factory
or by their original selling dealer.

I had this happen to a used BMW I owned and it only
took the original dealer three weeks to get the info.
smiley - yikes
Might be worth investigating this prior to any future
service which might involve disconnecting the battery.

smiley - cheers
~jwf~

Hoping.

Post 12

Smudger879n

Many thanks for that JWF, good idea, I have the address of the dealer who sold the car new, to the previous owner, who I bought it from.

So I will contact them and see if they can help, thanks again.smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Hoping.

Post 13

Smudger879n

Just an update on this matter, it seems that I can get the code I need, but, at a cost of £25?

Hardly seems worth it when I can get a Pioneer car radio, complete with a flash drive and blue-tooth, built in, for free!

As our lad has just upgraded his car radio, and says that I could have his old onesmiley - ok

Even better, the local garage say they can replace the car battery, without discounting the power to the radio, so that's also an optionsmiley - cool

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Hoping.

Post 14

Websailor

Lads have their uses Smudger, as I well know smiley - smiley I have two sons and a young friend and it is beneficial to all of us smiley - biggrin

That sounds rather lucky.

Hope you and MarkII are smiley - ok

Hoping.

Post 15

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

smiley - yikes
25 pound for basic info they can read off their
computer records sounds like a ripoff to me.
smiley - cross
But the good lord has other ways of providing eh wot!
So, yay, you're getting a upgrade!
Merry Xmas
smiley - santa
~jwf~

Hoping.

Post 16

Smudger879n

Thanks folkssmiley - winkeye
I will probably install the one on offer, at some time.

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Key: Complain about this post