This is the Message Centre for Smudger879n

Front Page.

Post 1

Smudger879n

Wow! what an honour, I'm on the front page! I don't go there very often but tonight I just popped over to it, and there it was.smiley - winkeye

I have been writing them for years now, and have enjoyed doing them. It all started when I was posting on an existing thread, and happened to mention a funny story that I remembered from my Navy days, and it just snowballed from that.

Of course real life has stopped me from writing them on a regular basis, as looking after Mk2 has taken more of my time, as her condition worsens. In fact one of her sisters suggested that I should keep a diary on her illness, but I didn't feel comfortable with that thought.

Anyway, I only hope that the people from smiley - thepost find my Snippets interesting enough to keep submitting them. It has always been a pleasure for me when folk put up posts about them, it seems to make it all worth while.

I really should get out more, as most of my writing is basically about people watching , that I see on the odd occasion when I go shopping and the like, and that seems to less these days?

In fact, I have a dental appointment tomorrow that I am not really looking forward to, after a bad experience I had while doing my basic training in the Navy. Hey! that has just given me an idea for another Snippet....thanks folks, for reading themsmiley - oksmiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Front Page.

Post 2

AlsoRan80

Hi dear smudger,

That is where we first met on the

I am now going to go and look up your latest contribution. I remember the other one you wrote on your life in the Navy.

With affection to you both.

Christiane
AR80
4/III/2010 13.08 GMT

Front Page.

Post 3

Websailor

smiley - applause Great news, well done. Off to have a read in a minute. Must get my writing hat on again soon, I have had other things on my mind which seem to have temporarily caused writers block smiley - doh

Websailorsmiley - dragon

Front Page.

Post 4

Smudger879n

Yea! thanks for that Christine and WS, I know what you mean about other things getting in your way WS, as that has happened to me as well.smiley - winkeye

I am going to try and do a Snippet tonight, but its hard to concentrate with a large hole in your gum and a throbbing pain!!!Yea! they pulled my tooth out todaysmiley - wah but it will take more then that to stop me surfin smiley - winkeyesmiley - ok

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Front Page.

Post 5

Websailor

Ouch, hope you feel better soon. I had an invitation from my dentist today smiley - sadface 'Spose I'd better go smiley - biggrin

Websailor smiley - dragon

Front Page.

Post 6

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi smudger, nice one, they didnt add mine, its probably in the bin now lol

im back on the h2g2 from the library, the old box link is a watch and do enter now smiley - sheep J.H.D.

Front Page.

Post 7

Smudger879n

Yea! I had to change my sign in link as well, when this new one came outsmiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Front Page.

Post 8

Smudger879n

Well its been a few weeks now and its still working fine, and a lot faster than my lap top, with this Windows 7.

The box itself may look out of date with its old floppy drive still in it, but the inside is full of the latest techy stuff.

The best part of all this is, that for just under £200 Ive now got a computer that you would around £750 for in the shops!smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Front Page.

Post 9

Websailor

So pleased for you Smudger. I am finding it difficult to get time to write for smiley - thepost I hope to get back to it soon.

Take care, regards to Mark ll

Front Page.

Post 10

Smudger879n

Aye! thanks WS, it turns out that there is a roster from everyone in an each gets a week on the front page, still it was good Eh!

Hope you get back to your writing again soon.smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Front Page.

Post 11

Smudger879n

Geez! I am on the front page again! This fame will soon be going to my head smiley - laugh
Must admit I am fair chuffed, as we say here in Fife, and all the photos I mentioned in that last Snippet, are all up on the Facebook page of the Royal Yacht, as well as the Yottie site itself, (admin gave the go aheadsmiley - winkeye)

Right then, ..now I must get back to writing again, as RL has been a bit hectic lately, but I'm always up for a challengesmiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Front Page.

Post 12

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

And so you should be chuffed! smiley - magic

lil xx

Front Page.

Post 13

Websailor

Lovely stuff Smudger. I would love to see the photos but I guess I am not allowedsmiley - huh I know you had such pride in your time on HMY Britannia and I am glad you are still in touch with everyone.

Front Page.

Post 14

Smudger879n

Aye! WS, you could actually get to see them, just join Facebook, and once you have registered, just type HMY Britannia into the search bar, which is on the top of the page, and that will take you straight to them.

Facebook is open to everyone, and you go to any page you like, the Britannia page is just one of them, good lucksmiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Front Page.

Post 15

Websailor

Oh, thanks Smudger, I am already a member so I will take a look smiley - smiley

smiley - cheers

Front Page.

Post 16

Beatrice

Some great photos there - thanks Smudger!

Front Page.

Post 17

Smudger879n

Aye! some of them go way back in time, giving you an insight into what it was like way back then.
One old hand I knew on board, showed me photos of how they used to scrub all the wooden decks by hand, before these modern "Dixy Machines came out.smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Key: Complain about this post