A Conversation for John Ridgway Save the Albatross Voyage 2003-4 : Introduction

Tenerife stop off

Post 1

Beachboy

Hope this gets to you John. I am Colin Kirby from The Western Sun newspaper in Tenerife and Steve Gilbert has kept me informed of your epic voyage. He says there is an ETA of Sunday in Los Gigantes, i hope I can meet you for an interview and a few photos.
I can be reached on [email protected] or [email protected] or by phone to 0034 922865998 or mobile 0034 699523037. Good luck and hopefully we can talk soon. cheers colin

Tenerife stop off

Post 2

Sam

Just got confirmation from Nick Grainger (the crew have now docked in Tenerife and he mailed me from an Internet cafe) that the meeting between you guys went ahead and that an article for the Western Sun newspaper will appear tomorrow!

Great stuff.smiley - smiley

Tenerife stop off

Post 3

Researcher 231165

Hi Nick
This is richard conrad
[email protected]
time to do something for Melb Weekly
or not enough adventures yet?
We have your pic on file
Hope all's well & family isn't missed too much already.
By the way, my partner Kaori's just had huge success with her play, Call Me Komachi
http://www.callmekomachi.com/
Good reviews, sell out season, planning interstate seasons
cheers
Richard

Tenerife stop off

Post 4

Sam

Richard,

I've emailed this message to Nick just in case he doesn't manage to log in again for a while.

Sam.smiley - smiley

Tenerife stop off

Post 5

AvionicsTech

Hi

This message is for everyone on the boat to wish them good luck and safe passage to South Africa.

A special mention for the new crew member Marie Rogers as she is my step daughter, far away but in our hearts.

Love Colin and her mum Pam

smiley - cheers

Tenerife stop off

Post 6

Sam

Thanks for registering and posting on site! I'm hoping to get a biography of Marie up on site soon. I'll pass on the message to the boat as well.

All the best to you.smiley - smiley

Tenerife stop off

Post 7

AmethystLady

Hi Colin,

I am replying to your message just for the fun of it. As, like you, I am still finding my way round the website.

Marie Rogers (Rie) my daughter, as you know from our emails to each other, joined the Save The Albatross crew two weeks ago on the trip of a lifetime and we will not see her again until July next year when the trip ends and she returns to UK.

Hope this message works as intended, if it does I will be undertaking some more conversing around the site. Hope you don't mind me using you as a guinea pig? and that life on Tenerife is still warm and lovely. PS The newspaper still hasn't arrived - will let you know when it does.

Bye for now

Pam Fisher

Tenerife stop off

Post 8

AmethystLady

Hi Sam,

Thanks for passing along our message to my daughter Marie on English Rose VI.

I am still finding my way around the site and just made my first reply to Colin Kirby in Tenerife. My second is this one to you. I can't find the bit where to change my nickname from Researcher 240650 to something more 'user friendly' can you help?

Have a nice day

Pam Fisher

Tenerife stop off

Post 9

AmethystLady

smiley - smiley Hi Sam,

As you can see I have found out how to change my nickname, no need for your help now.

There will be no stopping me now!

regards

Pam

Tenerife stop off

Post 10

Sam

Excellent! smiley - smiley Really great to see you using h2g2 - there's LOTS to explore. Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions (or anyone else for that matter - they're a friendly bunch). Just click on my name and leave me a messege on my Personal Space. All the best for now!smiley - cheers

Tenerife stop off

Post 11

AmethystLady

Hi Sam

smiley - hug

Thanks. If you need any additional info for Rie's bio just let me know. Any ideas when will it be on the website?

Best regards,

Rie's Mum
smiley - smiley

Tenerife stop off

Post 12

Sam

Either Richard or myself will put it up asap! I'll let you know as soon as we put it on site.smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more