This is the Message Centre for Number Six

Wa-hey!

Post 21

Number Six

smiley - magic I done it! They might even use a clip from something I asked him on Five Live! smiley - somersault

smiley - mod

Wa-hey!

Post 22

I'm not really here

Hurrah!! Well done. smiley - applause

Aren't you supposed to be at the meet?

Wa-hey!

Post 23

Number Six

Ach, give me a minute, I've only just got back from Barnet! smiley - puff

smiley - mod

Wa-hey!

Post 24

Baconlefeets

smiley - cool Congratulations!smiley - wow

Now go get smiley - drunksmiley - biggrin

Wa-hey!

Post 25

I'm not really here

Have a really ggod time. I was very disapointed not to be able to make it this time when I knew you were going. smiley - biggrin

Wa-hey!

Post 26

Number Six

I will do my level best! And there *will* be other times, I'm sure smiley - cheers

smiley - mod

Wa-hey!

Post 27

Number Six

smiley - wow I really think I might have cracked it this time smiley - magic

If you go to this page:
www.bbc.co.uk/football

and click on the 'audio' link under the second story (the one that says "Spirit will compensate for Vieira - Wenger") you'll hear an answer to a question I asked Arsene Wenger about Vieira, me asking him about Shaun Wright-Phillips, and another guy asking about Jermaine Jenas.

smiley - somersault

This is very strange though. I don't quite know whether this is a sign that I'm on my way to somewhere and this is the start of something, or if I'm just a part-timer who got lucky and this is my 15 seconds of fame. I think I should basically shut my face and enjoy the moment...

Still, I think it might surprise a few people at work (at TV Centre where I work on my weekday job, not Radio London) when they find out, and they may look at me in a different light. After spending four years at the bottom of the office food chain, it's really good to be getting out and actually *doing* stuff smiley - angel

smiley - mod

Wa-hey!

Post 28

I'm not really here

I heard it! I'm glad to see that the Beeb offer an alternative to real media these days.

Are you as posh as you sound? smiley - laugh

Wa-hey!

Post 29

Number Six

Posh? Nah, I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth...

...and according to GreyDesk, I'm also shorter in real life than I come across as being online smiley - tongueout

(suddenly reminded of that bit in Smokey and the Bandit where Jackie Gleason says "Well, you sounded taller on the radio!")

I think the poshness is s a side-effect of trying hard to speak clearly. David Croft on Five Live is a prime example - in real life, he sounds like an East End barrow bosh. Stick him in front of a microphone - instant toff.

smiley - mod

Wa-hey!

Post 30

I'm not really here

smiley - laugh It could have simply been the contrast between you and someone who had an accent. smiley - biggrin

Wa-hey!

Post 31

GreyDesk

Yes I've just made mention of the stature thing elsewhere. I have to say it did come as quite a shock somehow. Sorry... smiley - flustered

Wa-hey!

Post 32

Number Six

Hey, five foot eight's not *that* short! smiley - tongueout

John Inverdale's shorter than me. *And* he wears those shoes that make you taller. I stood next to him in a lift once.

Anyway, I'm pleased I went to the meet. In an ideal world I'd have got there earlier in time for the quiz (and not missed the early drinking) but given what I'd been up to it was fair enough... Was fortunate to be clocked by GreyDesk more or less as soon as I'd got through the door, and he was kind enough to introduce me to a whole bunch of people including the Italics. Happily spent a couple of pints chatting to GreyDesk and Agapanthus, then got talking to fords, roymondo, Croz and Xanatic (not necessarily in that order) round about last orders, then Paully announced that we'd drunk the pub dry of lager and it was hometime.

Or in my case, time to drift off towards St Paul's tube as everyone else headed off to Blackfriars. And then I got an "Everyone Back to Mine" call from two of my mates who'd been putting on a club afternoon up in Kentish Town. So I headed over to Shoreditch where they live, had a random and interesting chat with an Australian girl called Rita that I met in Hoxton Square while I was waiting for them - and then about ten of us headed back to their flat and spent most of the night drinking and dancing before falling over sideways at some unspecified point...

Woke up slumped in an armchair at about quarter to eight, walked to Old Street and got the bus home. I can't, logically speaking, have had that much sleep which is something I should probably address at some point. smiley - yawn

smiley - mod

Wa-hey!

Post 33

JulesK

Glad you enjoyed the meet.

Last night was the first time since hearing about meets that I've sat in front of the 'puter and actually felt a bit like I should've been somewhere else...

Have listened to your question. Well done, carry onsmiley - smiley

Wa-hey!

Post 34

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

I had to open IE to listen to your piece Six - Hope you appreciate the sacrifice smiley - winkeye I can't get anything out of the BBC sports player in Mozilla or Firefox any more smiley - sadface Something's happened somewhere in my PC - both browsers have stopped connecting to certain media links. The BBC Radio Player works fine (thank Zarquon), but not the sports, news etc players. And links to NPR stations in San Antonio and LA which used to open up Windows Media Player, don't any more. And yet everything still works in IE

Anyways, well done smiley - oksmiley - cheers

Wa-hey!

Post 35

Number Six

Thanks, everyone smiley - cheers

Gosho - could that be a registry problem?

smiley - mod

Wa-hey!

Post 36

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Could be... with this machine it could be almost anything smiley - headhurts One night last week the link was working perfectly. I switched the box off, went to bed, and next morning it was banjaxed smiley - sadface No apparent reason why.

If it's a registry fix, would you know which setting to change? I quite enjoy tinkering with regedit smiley - tongueout

Wa-hey!

Post 37

Number Six

Sadly not, I'm a technical muppet...

smiley - mod

Wa-hey!

Post 38

McKay The Disorganised

Found it ! smiley - ok

Obviously if Grey Desk is to be believd you have a future at the BBC - replacement for mini-motty smiley - winkeye

smiley - cider

Wa-hey!

Post 39

Number Six

smiley - tongueout Get knotted, the pair of you!

It's been a funny sort of day, all-in. I somehow managed to avoid trumpeting my achievements of the weekend all round the office, but I let a couple of people know and they seemed very pleased for me, Which Was Nice smiley - cheers

Five Live didn't use a clip from my interview at the weekend as it turned out, what with all the Golf that was on - I was told this morning that there was a chance that it might have gone out on Sport on 5 tonight, but they used a different clip as it turned out. Being on the website's enough for me for the time being anyway - three days ago I wasn't even expecting that!

smiley - mod

Key: Complain about this post