This is the Message Centre for Number Six

The by-now traditional procrastinate on h2g2...

Post 1

Number Six

...when I'm supposed to be packing to go on holiday and it's half twelve already. I'm just back from a Stiff Little Fingers gig in Bridgwater, where I have reacquainted myself with the delights of the moshpit.

Anyway, I will shortly be leaving to spend a week on the barge in France what my parents have a 1/12 share of.

Don't wreck the place when I'm gone, mind.

smiley - mod

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

I made that request a few weeks ago when I headed off to NYC to see Shea and TJ.

You shoulda seen the mess when I got back smiley - sadface

Mind you, I'd like to meet the lady who was wearing these smiley - bigeyes And I suspect she's no lady smiley - tongueout

Post 3

JulesK

Have a great time, Six smiley - smiley

(Dunno what Gosho's talking about, I don't remember seeing anyone of disrepute round his gaff smiley - ermsmiley - winkeye)

Post 4

McKay The Disorganised

That's because you passed out in the toilet.

Now where does 6 keep his cider?

smiley - cider

Post 5

JulesK

Humpf smiley - cross Did not. Don't think...

Cider - he'll have it tucked away somewhere. We've got time for a good search smiley - winkeye

Post 6

McKay The Disorganised

Well - it might not have been you. I didn't ask the name, it was just so inconvenient keep having to move the head to use the toilet.

smiley - cider

Post 7

Researcher 556780

Stiff lil fingers are still going? cor! Bit long in the toof now, right...hehehe..

Post 8

JulesK

So how was the holiday?

Post 9

Number Six

My Mum slipped on my Dad's shoes at the bottom of the steps going into the back cabin on the first day and broke a rib, so that made things a bit interesting, but it was very good on the whole.

I have had far too much lovely French food and wine, and have gone up an entire belt notch. In fact, I think I'll go for a quick bike ride before it gets completely dark... smiley - puff

Back shortly. smiley - run

smiley - mod

Post 10

aGuyCalledPaff

By the sound of it, maybe the dark is the best place for a quick bike ride!

smiley - ciderPaff

Post 11

Number Six

Not on my bike it isn't. Since I got my new one, with its fancy suspension seatpost, there doesn't seem to be anywhere to fix a rear light to. I'm going to have words with that Claud Butler when I bump into him... smiley - grr

Now, I have a quandary. I returned from France with a six-day-old beard. Most of which I have just shaved off, on the grounds that it although it didn't look bad, it was just too damn itchy.

A shame though - beards run in the family, my Dad's had one since before I was born. I have, however, for the time being retained a moustache. A proper full-on Zapata job.

The question is, do I retain it?

On the plus side, it's a laugh. And surely one of the plus points of being a single bloke is that I can muck about with my face fuzz to my heart's content? On the minus side, well, I look a bit of a charlie.

smiley - mod

Post 12

Even though people told me that I looked good with a beard a few months ago, I couldn't abide wearing the damn thing for the same reason you explain - it's uncomfortable and itchy. I'm even less inclined towards a 'tache because it just gets in the way when you drink a pint, eat a cream cake or blow your nose.

One's face furniture options are seriously limited when when also shaves one's bonce. Big ole pork chops (on their own) are pretty much out of the question, for instance.

Post 13

Did you see Weller on the Electric Proms btw? http://www.bbc.co.uk/electricproms/paulweller/

Removed

Post 14

Number Six

This post has been removed.

Post 15

Or Borat? smiley - tongueout
smiley - run

Post 16

Number Six

It seems the profanity filter objects to the phrase "bu!gger grips"...

smiley - mod

Post 17

No, not the filter. If the filter objected to it you wouldn't have been able to post it in the first place. This is someone with far too much time on their hands and a co-efficient of being offended that is far too sensitive. McKay posted today that one of his journal posts from 18 months ago has only just been hidden for calling someone a Richard head.

Key: Complain about this post