This is the Message Centre for tartaronne

Invited to Paris

Post 1

tartaronne

Yesterday my daughter, son-in-law and my grandchild invited me on a trip to Paris.

They got married in August - the three of them smiley - winkeye. The initial of my grandson A., 8 years, is in both their wedding rings.

The very short honeymoon with A. went to Barcelona where they between visits to museums and other cultural sites watched Mesi score hat trick.

Some of their wedding presents were vouchers for a trip to Paris, and now they invited me - the mother-in-law - on a kind of honeymoon. I'll probably do some child sitting while they have a romantic night out. smiley - biggrin. Playing games I'm sure.

A. lives 7 days with my daughter and 7 days with his dad. And my daughter has a hard time missing him. Also because she misses out on one of her days as she teaches at a university in the other end of the country two days a week.

A. functions very well in all aspects. The parents have been very sensible and have taken care of A.'s emotions and well-being all the way through, and they share the responsibilities admirably. Even to the point that they have celebrated x-mas together with A. and nobody else since they split up more than three years ago.

Next month, the dad has some work to do in Vietnam and A. is with my daughter for three weeks in a row. That is why she and her husband takes time off and go on a holiday to be with A. as much as possible. smiley - smiley

And now I'm invited as well. smiley - biggrin

I really enjoy being with S., Z. and A. So I'm looking forward to it.

I just have a twinge of bad conscience that I have to leave Sig. S. behind. I have done a lot of traveling during the recent years because of my union work. Seeing places, meeting people - and we haven't traveled very much together.

Anyway. Paris here I come! I haven't been to Paris since my early twenties. smiley - wow

Invited to Paris

Post 2

Hypatia

How exciting! Paris is one of the places I am determined to visit before I die. I almost made it the last time I visited Teuchter, but we decided against it and spent some fun time in Devon and Cornwall instead.

We'll want a report of the trip. smiley - biggrin

Invited to Paris

Post 3

tartaronne

Very exiting. And of course you'll get a report. smiley - biggrin

The city must have changed a lot since I was there last. I hope we see a bit of spring.

I have a lot of dreams for traveling. A month by train through the Scandinavian countries. A month by car through England, Scotland and Ireland. Going down from Estonia through all the Mid-European countries, around Balkan and up through the Alps and the smaller roads of Germany seeing all the old castles.

A couple of months up and down and across US.

To begin with. smiley - biggrin

Invited to Paris

Post 4

Hypatia

You know what I'd love to do? Some of the river cruises. The Nile, of course. And the Danube, Rhine and Volga all have river cruises that last varying lengths of time. On this side of the world, you can take a paddlewheeler up the Mississippi or cruise the Amazon.

Invited to Paris

Post 5

Santragenius V

Sounds lovely smiley - smiley

Our kids have recently complainted that while we have been om nice holidays together, we haven't yet taken them to Paris or London (they're not really whining, just registering a need smiley - winkeye)

So we thought that we'd work at finding 5-6 days at some time soon-ish and fly to London, spend a few days, go by sub-channel train to Paris, spend some days and fly home.

Let's see...

Invited to Paris

Post 6

aka Bel - A87832164

It's been more than 20 years that I last spent a few days in Paris.

My sister went last year and said it was full of very rude Russians. smiley - erm

Invited to Paris

Post 7

Ivan the Terribly Average

Rude Russians or not... Paris! smiley - envy

Do have fun, Tartaronne! smiley - cheers

Invited to Paris

Post 8

tartaronne

The river adventures sound tempting, too, Hyp.

And it goes without saying, smiley - winkeye, that I aspire to return to Australia - this time with a lot more time at my hand.

I'll be sure to see a lot of museums in Paris. My grandson loves them. Last time I took him to a museum ,of seawater life, I'm sure we saw and read about every single fish and creature....

What I like in big cities is to just go walk-about, get lost and find my way back - during which the smells, the sounds and the sights of the city will make a lasting impression.

I was given a guidebook to Venice which takes you through the city one sense at a time...I've haven't tried it out yet. I think we will go there at the end of the year. Sig. S's mother turns 90 this year.

Invited to Paris

Post 9

Hypatia

Venice sounds wonderful, too. smiley - envy

Invited to Paris

Post 10

Santragenius V

Mmmm. Surely one place I've not been enough to (one day last summer). Got another fab guidebook - the Corto Maltese Venice. Have made wows to go through Venice with that in hand!

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corto_Maltese )

Invited to Paris

Post 11

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

paris is nice and two years ago i did just as you have planned, santra: flew to london (for the meet), stayed there for some days, then took the train via tunnel to paris, stayed there for a few days and then flew back

comparing london to paris was interesting, to say the least. the difference between saint pauls and notre dame in itself was striking

hope you'll have a nice trip, tartaronne smiley - hug

smiley - pirate

Invited to Paris

Post 12

Hati

smiley - bigeyes Paris! smiley - wow

Invited to Paris

Post 13

tartaronne

Indeed. smiley - wow

Invited to Paris

Post 14

when will you be there? smiley - bigeyes

smiley - pirate

Invited to Paris

Post 15

tartaronne

From the 10th of March to the 15th. smiley - smiley

Invited to Paris

Post 16

that should give you a good chance of fair weather and a fair chance of good weather smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Invited to Paris

Post 17

tartaronne

That is what I hope for. A bit of pre-spring to lift the mood.

SAZ will rent a loft apartment - with a balcony - so I can practice my nasty habit outside - without having to go all the way down to the street.

Invited to Paris

Post 18

oh dear, still flashing strangers from your balcony? smiley - erm

smiley - winkeye

smiley - pirate

Invited to Paris

Post 19

tartaronne

smiley - evilgrin

Key: Complain about this post