A Conversation for I'm New - What Do I Do Now?

bored!

Post 1

summer.gay.girl

I'm so bored and i'm new 2 this. Is there anyone out there? Anyone?

x

bored!

Post 2

ccrunner

hi

bored!

Post 3

summer.gay.girl

Hi. How r u and who r u?

x

bored!

Post 4

Z

I am hiya! *waves*... there's lots of places on this site that you can chat besides this one if you're bored!

Ask H2g2 is always full of conversations about anything and every thing! F19585 and a good place to get to meet lots of researchers!

bored!

Post 5

ccrunner

I'm good. I'm not sure who I am, but I'm good. How are you

bored!

Post 6

summer.gay.girl

Ok. how do I get 2 where other peeps r chatting?

x

bored!

Post 7

ccrunner

i'm new so i don't know

bored!

Post 8

summer.gay.girl

Sorry that msg was meant 4 the person who sent me a message before u.

R u male/female?

x

bored!

Post 9

Z

Well you can get to Ask H2g2 by clicking on the numbers here.. F19585?thread=Well you can get to Ask H2g2 by clicking on the numbers here.. F19585 and if you want to see which other conversations are busy you can go to the front page there's a list on the right hand side!

bored!

Post 10

SEF

SGG, part of the problem is that you deleted the previous conversation threads you started from your conversation list on your personal space. People had replied to you - quite a few of them. Click on these links to get back to the threads F7182?thread=248489&latest=1 and F103378?thread=248487.

Another problem is that you haven't put anything in your personal space yet. Until you do, people can't come and talk to you there by leaving you new messages. All you have to do is click on this link <./>UserEdit?Masthead=1</.>, type anything at all (even just hello) and then press the Update Entry button.

bored!

Post 11

broelan

or you could try going here <./>Askh2g2</.> or here <./>Talk</.>

smiley - smiley

bored!

Post 12

Luna

hey peoples!
im new too...............like just arrived four mins ago.
this looks like a really good site!
~Luna~

bored!

Post 13

threesecondmemory

Welcome Luna!

Yeah, it's a top site. Loads of friendly people and far too many great entries.

I'm an ACE (Assistant Community Editor) which means it's my job to welcome people to h2g2 and to be generally helpful. If you need any assistance, or fancy a chat, I'm your man! Reply to this message or click my name to visit my space.

bored!

Post 14

Researcher 219849

Yeah i'm here ...what do you want to talk about ?

bored!

Post 15

Olinga

What is the difference between a reasearcher and a normal user

bored!

Post 16

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Nothing--all h2g2ers are researcherssmiley - smiley If you mean as far as a person's nikname is concerned, a person is Researcher #whatever until the go to Preferences and change their name.

bored!

Post 17

Olinga

How do you go up a ranking and also where can you write things so you get a rating if you know what i mean.

bored!

Post 18

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

There are no real rankings and ratings on this site. We're all sorta working towards a common goal of the edited guide. (the only rank of any kind are the "Italics" - the people who run the site and get paid for it, called so because their names appear in a bold italic font).

However, here's a page to help you learn how to contribute entries: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/Contribute

Enjoy. smiley - ok

~Amy +

bored!

Post 19

Researcher 220335

hi im new here too my names jan so now what?

bored!2

Post 20

amylou2002

hiya! sum of the things you subscribe to when you're bored, eh?

Key: Complain about this post