A Conversation for I'm New - What Do I Do Now?

I am new! Introduction

Post 1

Jokingbluebird

Hello h2g2 People! Actually I am not so new, because I was before a member at h2g2 and have many entries, posted every week in THE POST, but I forgot my password and could not get in. Finally as always h2g2 Help came to my E-mail and here I am now with a little change in my name: Jokingbluebird---- before was just blue bird. But I do like joking in fact I collect good witty jokes.
Have a Web Magazine what I publish on my own and no commercial stuff is in there. the URL: http://www.vaumau.com and this is now my major occupation: it's about ENVIRONMENTAL PROBLEMS SOLVING. We have reporters and you are welcome to join into our efforts for a better Life on Earth! If you get to know my Site you will have plenty of Ideas how to contribute!
Nice to be back. smiley - biggrin Hugs smiley - hugand smiley - smoochkisses. ( no joking) Love: Jokingbluebird smiley - laugh


I am new! Introduction

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned


*sets out the best crockery*


Welcome back.. Help yourself to smiley - tea and smiley - cake


lil xx


I am new! Introduction

Post 3

Ron J

Eyupthere Jokingbluebird !

I'm also only 'new', like you, because I forgot (mislaid !) my old password, and also because I changed my member name, but the system seemed to forget that one and wouldn't let me in to my old skin !!

I wrote, and had edited for the guide, a piece on the surgical effects of total gastrectomy. Gloomy, I know, but it was intended to give hope to many who undergo that procedure for some unfortunate disease or other.

But I ain't a gloomy bloke ! And I've survived many years since my op, 14 to be precise, and I've lived my life with my wife and family 'to the full' since that time, seen our 2 sons happily married and both with lovely kids. I live in the UK.

I've been 'away' for a few years ( not in 'clink', you understand !!!)

Glad to be back though !

survivorno1


I am new! Introduction

Post 4

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

Welcome Back survivorno1,

One of the <./>ACE</.>s has left you a welcome message smiley - biggrin

Do you want your old space back or are you happy to start again?

You could try emailing is h2g2DOTSupport@bbcDOTcoDOTuk with any information you can give them (old U number, entries etc)

If you forget your password, then the thing to do is to click on the 'Forgotten Your Password' option that is given beside the login box when you try to sign in. This takes you to a page that asks you to give the answer to the 'secret question' you provided when you joined h2g2, and your date of birth.

In the interests of security, other people (including Italics!) don't have access to your passwords any more. The secret question is the last safeguard against people gaining access to others' accounts. So if you can't remember this I'm afraid they can't really do anything.

But you could give it a go ....

Good luck smiley - goodluck


I am new! Introduction

Post 5

Ron J

Hi Feisor-ACE,

And thanks for the welcome message, your interest, and useful suggestions!

Hope you and yours are on top form!

I originally signed on as 'Ronbloggs', which I changed to 'frontiersman'...strange, I know, 'cos most people have their ears at the sides !! (ahem! pardon my sense of humour!)

I think I'll try afresh, rather than attempt to get my old identity back, but thanks for the tips. I'll try the 'forgotten password' facility anyway, if only for the hell of it !

I was elected a Miner some time before I lost touch with h2g2, but didn't do much at the coalface, allergic to the dust and darkness of some people's writings ! (just another joke...sorry!)

Good luck to you too, Feisor ACE.smiley - smiley


I am new! Introduction

Post 6

Ron J

Hello lil,

I remember your good counsels. It'll be good to see some of my other old contacts too!

Have a cuppa on me, and something a little stronger to celebrate!
smiley - bubblysmiley - cakesmiley - tea


I am new! Introduction

Post 7

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned


*giggles*

Welcome back! smiley - biggrin

OOoh! smiley - bigeyes


smiley - cake and smiley - bubbly!

*hic* smiley - diva


I am new! Introduction

Post 8

Ron J

You still there lil ! I can see your eyes lass!

RonJsmiley - biggrinsmiley - bubbly


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more