A Conversation for 101 ways to tell that the public toilet you are in is not a nice one

the pits

Post 1

Farlander

i like this article! is there a way to make it third person, and send it off to peer review? you could include what horrors to expect in what country smiley - winkeye

re: crouching toilets(the sort where you have to balance over a hole in the ground on an elevated platform) - my cousin's then-(australian)boyfriend gary followed her home to malaysia several years ago. her (chinese) family had hole-in-the-ground toilets in their house (for the sake of maintaining good hygiene, i suppose. if you can land your payload in the hole correctly, i guess it makes absolute sense). anyway, on the first morning gary comes down to breakfast, says to the family, "gee, your toilet seat is a little low, isn't it?" -!!!!!!!

the pits

Post 2

dracoverdi

I agree. This article is great, particularly fitting for the guide.

These are "personal experiences" and so might not need to be third person. Somehow "this researcher on needing to pee" also seems absurd. But I think it should be submitted to Peer Review. It certainly is "instructive and informative" .

Is it too late to add to it ?

Have you ever seen one of those sign that say "Restrooms for customer use only" hiding a hideous bathroom? What do they reserve for non-customers?

the pits

Post 3

Farlander

are you kidding??? why do you think those restaurants are usually situated in really foul-smelling locations? smiley - tongueout

the pits

Post 4

egon

I haven't gathered all the anecdotes together yet, but I think with my method of crediting which researchers were responsible for which anecdote, it might not need to be third person- think of them as witness statements. smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 101 ways to tell that the public toilet you are in is not a nice one

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more