A Conversation for BBC Globes

Peer Review: A863769 - BBC Globes

Post 1

And Introducing... A Leg

Entry: BBC Globes - A863769
Author: And Introducing... A Leg (The Cormorant is Out of Bounds!) - U194118

Okay, here it is back with links. I'd like Witty Ditty (who did the BBC2 entry) to have a co-author credit on this for writing most of the bit on the dances, but I'm not sure how to do it myself.

A863769 - BBC Globes

Post 2

Silverfish

I think this is a very good entry, I can see very little, if anything to criticise. There is only one thing I can think of that might improve the entry, and that is to emphasis that the links link to videos of the appropriate idents, for all of the links, as you do for the clock (where you say 'The clock that accompanied it looked like this', with 'like this' as the link), although this could disrupt the flow. The reason it might help is that it would encourage readers to look at the videos as they read the entry.

A863769 - BBC Globes

Post 3

And Introducing... A Leg

Thanks for the suggestion, but I really thing that would interrupt the flow too badly, and I only mentioned it in relation to the Watch Strap Clock because the actual globe wasn't available.

By the way, Witty Ditty's researcher number is U173978. I tried and failed to add it myself. (That is, it made me his editor).

A863769 - BBC Globes

Post 4

Witty Ditty

Hiya!

Re: adding writing credit:

You don't have to add me - after all, I did very little work on it smiley - smiley The crediting thing is meant to work like that - it makes you an editor, but once it's edited, then you go under written and researched by smiley - smiley A bit confusing, but it all works out smiley - smiley

Re: the entry - it's looking great smiley - smiley BTW - the recommended BBC 2 ident entry's U-number is A902512 if you want to link to it smiley - smiley

And once again - it's looking great smiley - ok

Stay smiley - cool,
WD

ps - I'm a 'she' actually - but my nickname it a bit non-gender specific though smiley - smiley

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 6

And Introducing... A Leg

Sorry, I have an appalling habit of assuming people to be male smiley - blush. (Must remember to use 'Sie').

Thanks for everyting, and I'll leave a message here asking the subeditor to link the BBC2 article. (Can no longer do it myself - hooray!smiley - bubbly)

Post 7

Witty Ditty

smiley - ok

Congrats! Now ickle 2 has One to look after it in the guide smiley - smiley

smiley - bubbly

Stay smiley - cool,
WD

Post 8

And Introducing... A Leg

smiley - ok Forget to say that I'd still like you to have a writer's credit, or I'd feel like a plagiarist.

(Though I do feel it's a shame that H2G2 doesn't have a function where you can have 'Written and Researched by XXXXXX .... With YYYYYY).

But I haven't a clue how that could be donesmiley - winkeye.

Staying coolsmiley - cool,
Leg

Post 9

SchrEck Inc.

Hey Leg,

I've been given your fabulous entry to subedit, and you could find the result at A920099. If you spot something that needs attention, please drop me a note. smiley - bigeyes

SchrEck Inc.

BTW, Witty Ditty is now co-writer of your entry.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more