A Conversation for h2g2: Tales of a Newbie

Perspective!

Post 1

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

I said it last week and I'll say it again.
Perspective. Wow.

smiley - biggrin
~jwf~

Perspective!

Post 2

The Psycho Chicken -- self respect intact

May I also lend my compliments to the artist....

The flow of the strip really works well, and as mentioned - perspective - wow. As a fellow scribbler I know fine well how hard *that* is to get right...

Nice!

smiley - chick

Perspective!

Post 3

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

I agree, wow,

realy good. I like the time like travel concept of floating things.

-- DoctorMO --

Perspective!

Post 4

Wowbagger

Most kind. smiley - smiley

The perspective thing is me just flexing the visual creative muscles a bit. Something that I was a bit limited by with h2g2life i.e. once you've set certain visual rules it's better not to break them. Newbie tales will have a certain visual style but they'll be broken as often as possible smiley - winkeye. I'm very happy that you think I pulled it off.

I'm even more pleased that the flow of the strip works well smiley - biggrin. I'm still experimenting with it all - to know some of it is working is good news indeed. Thanks Psycho Chicken.

As for the floating things... there'll be more. Eventually. The strip moves pretty slowly but it'll get there (if people are happy with it).

cheers
Wbsmiley - redwine

Perspective!

Post 5

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Omigod has it really been more than three years...?

Well, to finally reply to Wowbaggers last comment above, Yes, people are very happy with it.

And thanks to smiley - thepost for recycling these important eternal truths about online community websites and this one in particular. Wowbagger's insights are as pertinent now as ever. Perhaps moreso now that folks are dropping by h2g2 as a result of seeing the movie rather than the books or the radio or TV versions.

smiley - peacedove
~jwf~

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for h2g2: Tales of a Newbie

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more