This is the Message Centre for Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Bonding Session

Post 1

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

I've been having a Mother and Daughter bonding session over the last ever edition of Top of the Pops, actually it was more of a Rolling on the Floor Laughing session on Alex's part, especially when we got to David Bowie and Boy George wearing make up and Mick Ronson in the gold Catsuit, the explaination into eighties fashions produced more laughing fits and things were thrown at the TV when the Wombles came on. I haven't laughed so much in ages, in fact Alex has taken the video upstairs and is still laughing as I type.

Bonding Session

Post 2

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Wow Mick Ronson in a gold cat suit eh!...... Brings back some happy memorys.... and a fit of the Giggles

smiley - biggrin

Bonding Session

Post 3

Thorn

The fashions and celebrities in media of different decades do tend to look a bit silly out of context. Suppose the same thing is likely to be true of here & now too.
Hmm...
What was with the huge shoulder pads is what I'd like to know.
smiley - laughsmiley - laugh. *Shrug*

Bonding Session

Post 4

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

Sounds like a fine time had by all then. smiley - laugh

(And I still think Boy George was merely a figment of mass imagination. He couldn't possibly have been real)

Bonding Session

Post 5

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

OOoooooOOOooOooo now thats a scary thought smiley - biggrin

Bonding Session

Post 6

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

I do remember wondering if he was male or female when I first saw him on TotP

Bonding Session

Post 7

Bulletproof Cupid~

I never watched this, slightly wish I had now sounds like it could have been a good laugh!

Bonding Session

Post 8

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

ah yes, but they're still going to be doing TOTP2 apparently, and that was better

smiley - cheers

Bonding Session

Post 9

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

I prefered TotP2, Alex wants us to watch it again tonight, if anything it's improved her taste in music because this morning she wanted me to put Starman on her mP3 player

Bonding Session

Post 10

Lash LeRue

Improving the youths taste in music is my mission. Have converted all my friends to Thin Lizzy, The Who, Bowie and The Blue Oyster Cult.

It was tough to do though, taking 15 hours, an iPod, severe starvation and a dolphin named Patrick.

Bonding Session

Post 11

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

I've got Thin Lizzy's greatest hits and Gary Moore's Ballads and Blues. U2 were ok before Bono became a politician and don't ask about Boyzone and Westlife because I'll scream obcenities.

Alex is coming around to my way of thinking because she's asked me to put a few of the songs she hears on my computer onto her mP3 but she still refuses to believe the Bee Gees version of Tragedy is the best smiley - steam

Bonding Session

Post 12

Sho - employed again!

my two have been singing Genesis songs all day (we've been driving) interspersed with Joseph & the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, Pink Floyd, Coldplay...

they really like Peter Gabriel too - it always pays (IMO) to get them listening to your music asap.

I love the smiley - cool wee Gruesomes on days like this!

Bonding Session

Post 13

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

At the moment in my currently playing iTunes playlist I have The Buggles, Peter Gabriel, Duran Duran, Level 42, Altered Images, Gary Newman, Roxy Music, Tears For Fears, Depeche Mode, Foriegner and many other great bands of probably the greatest decade since for ever

Bonding Session

Post 14

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

She's in the choir at school and they've been learning Da Doo Ron Ron and All Day and All of the Night so she is hearing quite a variety here and at school

Bonding Session

Post 15

Sho - employed again!

wow, that's good stuff for a school choir.

When I was at school it was all Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat (Junior) and the Stabat Mater (Boarding school)

Bonding Session

Post 16

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

I remember doing After the Goldrush and the Sloop John B in the choir at school

Bonding Session

Post 17

I remember doing Lady Madona at High School

smiley - cheers

Bonding Session

Post 18

Sho - employed again!

*has jealous fit*

Bonding Session

Post 19

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

We did some Beatles numbers, Hey Jude was one and Yesterday was another

Bonding Session

Post 20

Sho - employed again!

smiley - wah

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more