This is the Message Centre for Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Smokers: Take Note!

Post 21

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

usual thing with kids, its co's they think it makes them look big

Post 22

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

You'd have thought that with all the health warnings kid's would know better

smiley - ok Rich

Post 23

Skankyrich [?]

You'd have thought adults would know better too, but I for one am still puffing away smiley - sadface

Post 24

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

If/when I have kids I'll not smoke round them, and if I end up having them with someone who doesn't smoke I'll not smoke in the house round them either. I'll have my own little smoking room, with PC, beer and DVDs

smiley - cheers

Post 25

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Sounds like a good plan TB

My ex used to smoke on the steps outside when Alex was first born, then winter came smiley - erm

Post 26

Wilma Neanderthal

We have a smoking room - a B&Q plastic gazebo wannabe outside the back door which regularly has to be rescued from the neighbours' or the road running along the back of our house - except when bits are being rescued from all three... Keeps the fags out the house, though. Not good for li'l'uns
Wilma

Post 27

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

help a person to stop, when in company say "did you know that he/she smokes like a chimmney, instead of shi**ing, he/she has a fall of soot"smiley - laughsmiley - laugh

no disrespect to those who want to smoke

Post 28

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Good advice Wilma smiley - ok

Post 29

Lash LeRue

*smiley - hug's and smiley - rose's etc, for reef*

My father smoked for 50 years, then McCreevy raised the Tax on them and I'll quote him but I'll use the word Banana instead of the F-word.

*coughs*

*Bananaing McCreevy I'll shove that Bananaing budget up his whole. Right thats it Banana the fags I'm going bananaing give up"

Never smoked pipe tabaccy again. Still the smell of it always reminds me of him.

Post 30

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

My Mum gave up cold turkey one day, I didn't notice until a week later smiley - blush

Post 31

A. Honeybadger

I gave up cold turkey last Christmas, though I'll probably fall off the wagon again this year... smiley - winkeyesmiley - groan

As for cigarettes, I gave those up in February this year - just didn't want them any more, which was fab.

When I did smoke it was *never* indoors, other than in pubs where it was smokey anyway; I always went out to the garden - even in rain, sleet and snow. smiley - angel

I did 'lapse' slightly when J's Dad passed away last month, but only had a couple and spent the next hours constantly scraping my tongue and brushing my teeth to get rid of the awful after-taste!

I think that means I am finally, once-and-for-all over my nicotine addiction - something I have been trying to achieve for several years. smiley - somersault

Post 32

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Woohoo and well done for giving up and sticking with it

Post 33

Skankyrich [?]

Yes, well done!

Key: Complain about this post