This is the Message Centre for Farlander

Body Worlds!

Post 21

Farlander

Me too! Further Immunology was *really* awful - it was taught by our second year Immunology lecturer, whom nobody knew what to make of, and who talked at the speed of a bullet. The highest grade anybody made in that class was an A-, of which there were only two.

Cancer research- you know, my cousin Ed was at Cambridge doing cancer research; he later moved to Oxford. Last I heard, he was doing AIDS vaccine research or something...

Body Worlds!

Post 22

Danny B

Oooh, what college? What department? smiley - geek

I knew a couple of Eds at Cambridge (both medics), but I shouldn't think either of them was your cousin!

Body Worlds!

Post 23

Farlander

Edmond Wee. He did his PhD in Cambridge, and then (for goodness knows *what* reason) moved to Oxford. And nope, he's not a medic - he's a microbiologist like me (only I didn't find out until my second year at uni).

Body Worlds!

Post 24

Baron Grim

Well, not only did von Hagens get two shows in the US, there is also a copy cat exhibit in San Francisco.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7723133/

I don't know if any of these will make it to Houston or not yet.

Body Worlds!

Post 25

Farlander

Hmm... I *thought* that the original Heidelberg exhibition was moved to San Fran? Weird...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Farlander

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more