smiley - towel

Wibble Wibble...

Post 3

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

Wibble. smiley - smiley

Wibble Wibble...

Post 4

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Did you know that we had a politician here in Sweden a few years back (OK maybe ten), her name is Anne Wibble...

And I have to ask, is Wibble a nonsensative, or does it have any particular meaning, or can the meaning change depending on circumstances? smiley - smiley

smiley - towel

Wibble Wibble...

Post 5

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

I did not.

Wibble has number of meanings, '(that's) bad drink', '(that's) nonsense' it can be used in conjuction with 'wobble' to describe something's shaky motions.
Or a nonsensicle answer to any question where the question isn't understood, the answer is unknown or your being asked by a field marshell with silly tash and in world war one and you really want to get sent home before you're forced to go over the top be gunned down by german machine gun implacements.

wibble.

Wibble Wibble...

Post 6

aka Bel - A87832164

smiley - hug

Wibble Wibble...

Post 7

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

smiley - hug

Wibble Wibble...

Post 8

aka Bel - A87832164

Did you manage to get some sleep? smiley - hug

Wibble Wibble...

Post 9

grr

For a second I misread sleep as sheep.smiley - laugh

Wibble Wibble...

Post 10

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

I'm thinking of changing my name to Gertrude and moving to Canada.

Wibble Wibble...

Post 11

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Whatever for? smiley - huh

smiley - towel

Wibble Wibble...

Post 12

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

So I can drink a gallon of maple syrup and bet bummed by a polar bear whilst wearing dress.

Wibble Wibble...

Post 13

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Sound reasons all of them smiley - geek

smiley - towel

Wibble Wibble...

Post 14

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

I think I associated smiley - geek smiley with you more than the towel.
Do you have a pair of glasses to bring out the naughty nerd/gorgeous geek look?
I still say the smiley - biker looks more like snail anything else.

Wibble. smiley - zzz

Wibble Wibble...

Post 15

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I always wear glasses now, ran out of contacts, and never bothered to refill. smiley - geek

Wibble Wibble...

Post 16

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

smiley - zzz minus the ZZZs looks like someone doing a cheesy dance...

Dont go to Canada! Not without me anyway! smiley - cross The cheek!

smiley - smiley

If anyone's gonna get bummed by a bear, it's gonna be ME!

How are you, by the way?

Wibble Wibble...

Post 17

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

I'm OK. Just seen Derren Brown on his tour. If his Oracle Act is done by the power of his mind alone, then he must be the bastard love child of Spock and Mister Data.

Wibble Wibble...

Post 18

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

It depends what you mean by power of the mind, surely? His understanding of the mind, body language and psyche is quite incredible. People work in patterns, he manipulates patterns. It's just a question of awareness and training. (hah! JUST! I'm not bad but he's GOOD!)

Interestingly, I was doing a Tarot reading for a friend on tuesday (work with me on this one, it's not a great mystical mystery of mysteriousness) and realised I was cold reading like a pro... I thought there was a degree of intuition, you use the cards to guide your thoughts and it helps to guide your thoughts in a way you can understand, like dreams but inverted.. But actually, the question asked gives you an idea of the thoughts and issues the questioner has, and discussing the 'subject' through the cards (using them as a catalyst, nothing more) you uncover underlying problems, more detail about the person, the things they may comment on will guide you towards their problem... Hey presto, successful reading. It's proper, Pratchett style witchery! WOOHOO!

Sorry, just thought I'd share that.

By the way, Derren Brown scares the bejeezus out of me!

Wibble Wibble...

Post 19

grr

He does me too. It's still very impressive stuff though.

So what kind of stuff does he do on tour, Az?

Wibble Wibble...

Post 20

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

He makes you laugh.
Also I thought he looked more attractive in RL than on the TV.
Sadly some may find the nervous tick he has little off putting... It's kind of an double affirmative nod, which I guess he picked up when trying to be pursuasive and direct people to say, do or believe what he wanted which he now seems to do when he's thinking quite hard, to himself.
And man must his mind be racing...

One of the things he did was get a friend of mine up on stage to swing his big shiny nut!
This was to determine who was open to suggestion. smiley - winkeye

He selected people from the group he had stage holding a pendulum out before (the shiny nut) those responded well to being told to command the nut to swing.
Then had them do some table dancing... Later he had a table flying about the stage by the power of a dead spirit! (OK, magnets but that's what the suckers... erm... spiritualists... thought it was).

For the interval he had people take card and write a personal question on it and place in a hat on the stage. After the interval one thing he did was pretend that he could deduce from the letters written on the black opaque envelope that an embarrassed teenager had written an obscenity and cast the enveloped off the stage, a member of the audience of opened it and discovered that it said "cock"... Gasp! What an astonishing feat of palming card he'd written himself into a stack!

I shan't go on, in case you ever get to see him live. It's a good laugh and you'll be amazed at how you didn't spot the gorilla stealing the banana and puzzling for a hours figuring out how he managed to misdirect you even though you knew he was gonna try and how he did all his tricks of the mind. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post