...sometimes i break too.

When Things Break...

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

Oh my, what's happened? smiley - hug

When Things Break...

Post 3

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

My boiler has broken down. The guy will becoming sometime between 12 and 5 on Friday. And my now some off the welding that distributes the load through the base of my stainless steel and leather recliner have broken and I don't know how I'm gonna get that repair or if it's possible. It cost £210 reduced from £400 and is less than a year old. I shouldn't have been using it at the computer. And I slump into things and I weigh so much. And I haven't saved up enough money to replace the broken down washing machine and the dryer.
Everything I touch!

When Things Break...

Post 4

aka Bel - A87832164

No, it's not because you touch it, but because things nowadays aren't produced anymore to last a lifetime. smiley - cuddle
Our dishwasher broke lyesterday, a loud BANG and a sparkle, and the power circuit was cut. Fortunately, my husband knows a few things about dishwashers (he builds them into kitchens), so he was able to find the cause and fix it.

When Things Break...

Post 5

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

*hug*
Thanks, that goes for the last bed I had, the washing machine and the old dryer, but, with the chair at least... No. A 22 stone man slumping into it and then mini-moshing seated at his computer for hours a day for a the last 2 months has finally proved too much for a perfectly well made much loved and also expensive chair.
The boiler is just annoying and anxiety inducing...

Yeah, I have issues to do with things breaking and more issues about it being my fault whether it is or not and what it says about me and having those issues is a problem... has been for a very long time.
Also the fact that at least one important person in the past has found being around me when I'm trying not to fall apart and be overwhelmed by those issues in my head "frightening" which frightens me amongst other things...

When Things Break...

Post 6

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Unless there was a disclaimer about weight, the warranty of the recliner should be valid, since it's less than a year old. Find the receipt and state your rights!

smiley - hug

smiley - towel

When Things Break...

Post 7

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

I have the right to do that?smiley - erm

When Things Break...

Post 8

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Yes!

smiley - hug

When Things Break...

Post 9

Anoldgreymoonraker Free Tibet

Lots of iffs but you could get it rewelded if you can unzip the leather etc and if you know of a person capable of rewelding it , maybe even some metal workers in your area could help .Stainless is not difficult to weld.smiley - smiley

When Things Break...

Post 10

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I'd say you have the right! Try! Bring Loz or someone for support, but try!

smiley - towel

When Things Break...

Post 11

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

Hoom. I don't know that I can get Tim or Loz involved...

My ticket for Tool still hadn't turned up today. It kinda felt like the last sodding straw. Hopefully it will now be available for collection from the Arena box office. I will implode if I can't get in and see them.

When Things Break...

Post 12

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I do hope it works out! Can you give them a call at the ticket office?

smiley - towel

When Things Break...

Post 13

aka Bel - A87832164

I've just come back from a meal out (an invitation by the m-i-l) with too much of smiley - redwine, and I can't post anything coherent - I'm struggling enough with the typing.

When Things Break...

Post 14

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

Me calling them mightn't do a lot of good. I don't have a credit card, so I gave some cash to Suz and she decided to use her mother's card. So yeah, it might be an idea to try to get one of them to call and confirm the tickets are there and then I can take the Letter Of Authorization they are sending to me, which, will hopefully have arrived to box office and collect them.

I am gonna have to manage my time better than I normally do on Monday.

Suz is out at an Alien Invasion themed Drum & Bass night with her friends. I have been known to enjoy D&B in the past [not the $h!te the guy in the flat above me likes though smiley - headhurts. Bob The Farmer and I went to the launch of I Kamanchi by Krust and Die's Kamanchi Project, some time ago now, I had a fun night even if the even if the album was a bit of disappointment, it was far from the dark and geeky stuff they're both capable of. I am person that likes what he likes. Suz doesn't like D&B. In the past she hurt my feelings in her mocking of my liking certain artists.
And yet for some reason I don't think she was pleased when I said something along the lines of "I can't listen to Fields Of The Nephilim without laughing at McCoy's silly voice" ... I since discovered I just have to be in the right mood to get past the reflex and into the lyrics and on some songs even like the theatrical voice.

Key: Complain about this post