A Conversation for Perfect Packed Lunches

Keep It Simple

Post 1

GraceK

Does it annoy anyone else that pre-packaged sandwiches (in the UK) have over-complicated fillings? If I want a ham sandwich, then the most I want with it is good bread, butter and maybe a little French mustard - I don't want salad, I don't want mustard mayonnaise or various other fancy additions. Why can't I find roast beef with just horseradish, ham & cheese (without salad or mayonnaise), cheese & tomato, cheese & marmite, a sausage sandwich without the rest of the fry up, just egg mayonnaise?

In the long run I know this situation is good for me as it encourages me to make my own & therefore saves me money but just occasionally when I'm in a hurry I'd like to walk into a shop & find a sandwich made with a couple of fine ingredients instead of these increasing esoteric fillings. smiley - fairy

Key: Complain about this post

Keep It Simple

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more