This is the Message Centre for Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

Am I bored of h2g2?

Post 1

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

Probably not, but the last month I just haven't really been at all interested in it.
The last couple of weeks I have not felt very social (Me? Really?! smiley - winkeye)

Logged in under my EG account to see the frontpage entries and peruse PR to give feedback, but that is about it. (Apart from a couple of serious threads that I wanted to comment in.)

So I wondered if I am getting bored with it or just having a 'phase'. smiley - erm
I could blame it on my hormones as 'the woman in me' is being a bitch at the moment smiley - cross Which makes me a double bitch smiley - cdouble

Actually I probably just need a good old fashioned whinge about things.

Watching a Hammer film that thinks it is all arty farty by being black and white but having one object - like a vase or curtain in colour - in each scene

I can't find my cheapo lighter which was new last week (and I only had it 2 hours ago) so I am alternating between two that need ages to build up enough gas fumes to ignite and good old fashioned matches. Beats lighting them off electric cooking rings though!

I have looked in all the obvious places - under and behind the sofa, back of the PC, under the cat's bed, in the fridge (it is amazing what ends up in there - jars of coffee and tin openers!) etc, but the fact that it is black does not help matters. smiley - grr

Finally made the apple crumble today (for those that don't read my uninteresting B'log - I have been threatening to for ages).

Had a look at my website for all of 10 seconds today and saw that it has been visited 1,385 times smiley - yikes I probably should update it. I think it is 2 years out of date. Can't imagine who is interested enough to look!

Anyone been watching that "Make me a Supermodel" on channel 5?

Am I bored of h2g2?

Post 2

smiley - whistle It turns out that I had my box set to AV-S rather than AV which is why I thought the film was being arty farty in b/w. It is in fact in full colour smiley - blush

smiley - run

Am I bored of h2g2?

Post 3

I'm not really here

smiley - doh Lack of fag smoke is clearly going to your head.

Please don't be bored with h2g2! smiley - yikes

Am I bored of h2g2?

Post 4

fords - number 1 all over heaven

I think we all get like that sometimes. But that means we have to have a cracker of an SRG meet smiley - biggrin

Am I bored of h2g2?

Post 5

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

smiley - cracker

Am I bored of h2g2?

Post 6

smiley - erm

Is that meant to be funny?

smiley - tongueout

Am I bored of h2g2?

Post 7

*tries to get thoughts of Jimmy Carson out of brain*

No it is definitely a case of lethargy about the site.

You know when you log on to your home email addy and usually it is someone interesting (cos you never give the private addy to people who you don't want to speak to anyway) which gives you a 'ooh, who is that from' feeling and then you log on to yahpoo or whoever and it tells you that you have 15 emails - you get a feeling of 'oh God 15 piles of crap to wade through' - group digests, irrelevant stuff etc...

Well logging in to h2g2 has become a bit like that. I look at my convos and it makes me groan - especially after I have read them. i really just can't be bothered smiley - erm

I suppose you could say I am subscribed to the wrong convos but I don't even have any inclination to look for interesting stuff. I always look at the frontpage - for curiosity sake more than anything but on the whole I would say I just can't be smiley - bleeped

Not a very good advert for a multi volunteer is it?

Am I bored of h2g2?

Post 8

AlexAshman

smiley - footprints

Am I bored of h2g2?

Post 9

There are some convos I know straight away will be unsubbed from but some convos go plain silly or arsey and I can't be bothered with them.

Am I bored of h2g2?

Post 10

Outrider

Can you say 'arsey' on HooToo?

Oops, now you've got me at it!

Mort, HooToo ebbs and flows. Guess the tides out at the mo, but someone will spark off a hot topic sooner or later.

Am I bored of h2g2?

Post 11

I'm not really here

I like arsey - never one to ignore an argument! smiley - biggrin But I don't like the ones that turn into smilies and just 'chatroom' stuff. I've done enough of those of my own over the years to not want to read other peoples.

Mina's being naughty!

Post 12

Outrider

You used THAT smiley in a Mort thread? Sheesh!

Biggest smiley users tend to be newbies and after a while they stop bothering.

The only way to a juicy topic is to trawl the threads, but like many others I just sit and wait until one floats by.

Mina's being naughty!

Post 13

I aint dun nuffink - that was Mina!

Mina's being naughty!

Post 14

I'm not really here

Oi, don't blame me for stuff when I've no idea what you're talking about. smiley - cross

Mina's being naughty!

Post 15

I thought he meant use the smiley - biggrin smiley - maybe I got it wrong.

Looks like I am in trouble again...

Mina's being naughty!

Post 16

Outrider

If memory serves, Mort doesn't like the smiley - biggrin smiley. Mina used it and somehow Mort took the blame.

Now for a nice lie down whilst I wait for those nice men in white coats.

Smug - a stupid word

Post 17

Someone who shall remain nameless (and has not posted in this thread!) uses it an awful lot - particularly when being smug about something.

So now I always associate that smiley with smugness. smiley - laugh

But well remembered Outrider, you probably know who I am talking about too - but keep that to yourself!!

What a very strange word 'smug' is.

And in my freaky world today...

The black lighter I spent a long time looking for has turned up. I got up off the sofa to make smiley - tea and when I got back to the sofa it was in the middle of the seat. Not hidden - just laying there.

I am not going to think about this too much because this flat gives me good vibes and I don't want to get paranoid. (Even the cats were *immediately* settled in here after I moved - including spooky WeeOne who usually spends 3 days hiding after a move). Having said that I haven't felt 'ok' about the bedroom for a few weeks but I put that down to the fact that I haven't gone to bed for days at a time recently and the room feels 'empty'.

A place where I lived in Sheffield was full of horrible vibes - well one room in particular; it freaked me out big time.

I also have a new neighbour moved in opposite me. Looked through the peephole when she was moving stuff in and she looks to be mid 20s, long blonde hair and slim.

Smug - a stupid word

Post 18

I hope she hasn't brought anything (or anyone!) bad with her smiley - erm

But maybe it (or they) found your lighter for you? smiley - winkeye

Smug - a stupid word

Post 19

smiley - laugh Yes, if I didn't have such good vibes about this place I would be freaking out, but perhaps someone was being helpful.

"I do belive in spooks, I do believe in spooks" - the cowardly lion!

When Coll used to visit she would ask me if I remembered talking about the woman. I would have no memory of it and put it down to be being smiley - drunk But she would say I was perfectly lucid and insistant. I kept asking where the woman had gone, and that she was here a minute ago before the other people left.

I woke her up one night to tell her there was a man sitting on the end of the bed. Another time I asked her why she had got her feet tattoed. A woman was in the bedroom and pulled the covers off to show me Colls feet.

She is used to it now and just talks me down until I am back in reality. Paul got it a couple of times on his first visit. He said it scared the crap out of him!

Smug - a stupid word

Post 20

How strange - but interesting!

Key: Complain about this post