Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

Hurrah smiley - bubbly

I have just had my 2nd effort picked for the Edited Guide smiley - biggrin

A1041940

2nd Entry Picked

Post 2

J

Well deserved, too smiley - biggrin

The second of many many entries to come, I hope?

smiley - blacksheep

2nd Entry Picked

Post 3

smiley - cheers

You betcha! Guess what topic most of them will be smiley - winkeye - teeth and pets smiley - laugh Well, it's what I know best smiley - biggrin

Might as well use my 16 years of experience on something!!

2nd Entry Picked

Post 4

SomeMuppet

Congrats smiley - bubbly

Nice to read some good news on hootoo now and again

2nd Entry Picked

Post 5

Midnight Angel (ACE / G~A / GODDESS)

Well done Mort smiley - bubbly

2nd Entry Picked

Post 6

Thank you!!

I am very happy!

I have another one in PR at the moment - A2211779 How to give your Dog or Cat Medication, but I am not as happy with that one as the teeth entry. (Fussy, fussy!)

2nd Entry Picked

Post 7

I have been a qualified vet nurse for 14 years and 2 months! Just had to pay out £60 to retain my 'Listed' status so I can perform intravenous stuff and anaesthetics. That's a weeks disability benefit for me. Hopefully get back to work for the summer, as that will have been 2 years I have been off sick.

Trouble is - I DON'T WANT TOO!! - especially as it will drastically reduce my hootoo time by 50 hours a week that I worked before (I always ended up staying past the end of my shift to help out!)

And the cats would miss me! Having said I will go back to work, it still takes me a week to get the strength to go to the bank around the corner to pay in my 'support' cheques from my parents every month or so. (34 and a half years old and still getting pocket money!)

Well thinking about it is a start - in the meantime - lots of writing to be done smiley - winkeye

2nd Entry Picked

Post 8

Outrider

Well done Mort!

Have you thought about putting your articles on your web page?

They are well presented, factual, with a sprinkling of humour too (animals do that to you, don't they?).

I don't know your circumstances, but have you thought about cat sitting? There are people out there who would feel far more comfortable leaving their pets with a trained vetinary nurse.

Funny that you chose medication for your current article, I'm having to do that to my 2 right now. Fortunately both think they are getting treats, so it's easy.

2nd Entry Picked

Post 9

zendevil

smiley - discosmiley - bubblysmiley - discosmiley - bubblysmiley - discosmiley - bubbly

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done, Mort, it couldn't have happened to a nicer person!!!!

(Yoda has just returned from murdering things & wants to say:

smiley - catsmiley - nurse??? smiley - yuk, No smiley - ta for me; but thanks for trying to prevent mummy from going too neurotic when i was sick!).)

I look forward to reading the medicine one.

smiley - zensmiley - devilTerri

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more