A Conversation for GURPS

-poke-

Post 1

EVIL TYPO DUCK

GURPS GOOD! GOOD! GOOD! GOD? no, but close.
Meh, i run nearly random and mostly insane crossover games with GURPS, it is fun.
I also once made all my players play themselves. THAT was fun.

-poke-

Post 2

Zucchini

Cmon lets have some more stuff here :>
My latest GURPS campaign was called 'Executive Desicion'
All the players are boardroom members in a corporate office, deciding what tech areas to research, which smaller companies to takeover, and which big companies to perform black op raids on.
And also what overly extravagant status symbols to spend their money on :>

-poke-

Post 3

Eggy - XP doesnt like final fantasy VII

sounds fun, im on my chrismas hols now, so i promise im going to try and put some time aside to write a mostly coherent entry, honest!

E

-poke-

Post 4

EVIL TYPO DUCK

well then, give it a go already!!!

-poke-

Post 5

woops, kinda didnt *looks mildyly ashamed* i will one day, i'll get round to it when i have homework to be avoided and nobody much is on, honest.............. smiley - smiley
E

-poke-

Post 6

Zucchini

Okay :> Gizza yell if you want any support or advice from a Steve Jackson Games Man In Black :>

-poke-

Post 7

Aniki

How long do you thing it would take to play a simple Text based gurps online. If anyone is interested i have a campaign ready 2 go. It would be just like playing chess by mail. Probably.

-poke-

Post 8

Zucchini

It might work... not sure how combat would work with it's 1 second combat rounds though. Maybe ask the players for their general reactions and attitude for a fight, then workout the results for the battle in one go.

-poke-

Post 9

we were thinking of something similar in my computing class using the school email.

Itd be doable so long as you dont worry too much about the times for things to be done and allow for characters to drop in and out with ease.

E

-poke-

Post 10

Aniki

The way i imagine it working would be replacing 'turns'(1 second) with 'acts', a string of commands and character based, default actions.

-poke-

Post 11

Zucchini

I think that's how a lot of PBEMRPG's work, but the players need to trust the GM with their characters in the story :> It's a bit easier with GURPS 'cos of the quirks and various personality dis/advantages you have to put in.
Anyway I'm up for it.

-poke-

Post 12

Aniki

On a completly unrelated note, can anyone think of anything that rhymes with 'prison'?

-poke-

Post 13

Aniki

SUPLIMENTAL:
Something other than risen please.

-poke-

Post 14

Zucchini

Leslie Neilson.
Nuclear Fission.
Collision.
Mission.
Chisum (the film)

-poke-

Post 15

EVIL TYPO DUCK

The Duck is MORE than happy to do Email based RP. really.

-poke-

Post 16

Zucchini

A940312
for all those that are interested :>

Key: Complain about this post