This is the Message Centre for Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

It's been 6 months now

Post 1

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

and I miss her deeply.

I was in hospital not long after nanna died, then loads of cr@p was thrown in my direction.

I haven't had time to say my goodbye's properly.

It's her birthday soon.

Perhaps I need to say goodbye to her properly on her birthday smiley - smiley

It's been 6 months now

Post 2

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

be sure she is watch you from her garden om her cloud!
she is very proud of you!

It's been 6 months now

Post 3

Odo

smiley - cuddle

It's been 6 months now

Post 4

hmmm...I must ask mum to remind me of her birthday. I think it's this weekend, although I might be wrong. The 4th rings a bell.

It's been 6 months now

Post 5

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Yes... Saturday..

It's been 6 months now

Post 6

smiley - smiley

Are you coming with me to see her?

It's been 6 months now

Post 7

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

A smiley - rose and some quiet time with her may be just what you need, good Lady VV. And a few extraneous smiley - hugs from friends. smiley - smiley

It's been 6 months now

Post 8

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - cuddlesmiley - hugsmiley - rose

It's been 6 months now

Post 9

Serephina

smiley - cuddle

It's been 6 months now

Post 10

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - hug

It's been 6 months now

Post 11

smurfles

How strange.We talked about our loss together,it would have been mums birthday on friday,the 2nd,september.She would have been 90 this year.smiley - rose

It's been 6 months now

Post 12

Mom would have been 74 this year.. but to be remembering them together, that is nice smiley - rose

Thank you smiley - hug

It's been 6 months now

Post 13

smurfles

It is the time to let go...and look forward.smiley - hug

It's been 6 months now

Post 14

Rev Nick { Only the dead are without fear }

*slips out again, quietly ...*

It's been 6 months now

Post 15

For her sake, I want to do that. The last few weeks have been very difficult for all the family. Dad agreed to us removing her clothes, but he wished for them to go to a particular charity. It was difficult to catch anyone at the shop, so I had them at my home for nearly 2 weeks. I was dreading Dad coming to visit and seeing them in the spare room. We all hope that now will be the time for most of us to move on, and be strong enough to help Dad too. Thank you Sal smiley - cuddle

It's been 6 months now

Post 16

smurfles

I feel it is the time to move forward lil,and it struck me today,mum never took us to my dads grave,or my grans,(i lost dad at six years old,and gran the year after).Maybe she needed to move on then,and thought it was no good to keep going back,and i think i only realised that today.

It's been 6 months now

Post 17

We all visit when the need comes to us. She was never a burden to us in life, and she wouldn't want to be now. Yes, sometimes I cry, but you would be amazed how often I have laughed, as I have told Hubby little stories about her. smiley - biggrin

It's been 6 months now

Post 18

Feisor - -0- Generix I made it back - sortof ...

What about a dinner together to remember her - the only condition being that only happy stories and memories be allowed.

In some cultures there is a memorial gathering at the anniversary of passing - with my grandfather we had food that he liked (and lots of vodka that he also liked) and made the above condition - it was a party he would have enjoyed and filled us all with happy memories of him. Personally, I believe that he was there with us smiley - biggrin

smiley - hug

It's been 6 months now

Post 19

What a lovely idea Feisor smiley - smooch

Thank you smiley - hug

Key: Complain about this post