This is the Message Centre for Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

Bringing the danger home.

Post 1

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

I don't think I can go into detail on here, but there is a stong possibility that a person who has not long been arrested for an abduction, may have been after one of my neighbours kids too.

Having been "attacked" myself, I have a good idea how this young girl is going to feel. She seems ok at the moment, but it won't be too long before it hits home exactly what could have happened.

She's not allowed out without anyone now. Nor is she allowed to walk to school on her own. She is being walked or driven everywhere.

The person had followed by neighbours daughter whilst someone else was in the vehicle. This happened on the main road behind the back of their house. A 2 minute walk from her front door.

She had the sense to run.

I've given her an attack alarm that VC bought me after my attack, but it needs a new battery. Her mum has promised she will fit a new battery into it.

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - cuddle

Post 3

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

hopes she will be alright

...one good thing that might be is that you get know your neighbours better! you have to watch out together with your neighbours!

Post 4

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

We became friends with our neighbours before either of us moved in. We met up when we happened to all turn up to look at our respective houses being built.

We've been around a few times and they have been around to ours too.

They're good people, so hopefully, this is the start of a good friendship between all of us.

Post 5

BMT

Hi VV, just posted in your ask thread, hope all is well.

Well done you for highlighting this issue, a few simle steps can go a long way to protect kids and women. great that you make the effort to get to know neighbours as well, nothing like a friendly neighbourhood all goes to make an area safer when you know who is who.
Despite there being best part 30 cars parked at anytime in the cul-de-sac where I live I can still spot a strange car immediately, and will always be watchful of who is about especially after dark. To date have had 3 crims nicked in the 2 1/2 years I've been here. 2 attempting to steal fuel from cars 1 attempting to break in to flat next door.

I remember some years back a trial carried out where a number of households on an estate were deemed a 'safe' house. Basically the local police would carry out a check on the occupants and if all agreed then if kids or anyone, was in fear they could go to these 'safe' houses knowing they would not only be safe but be helped as well.

Have no idea whether it's still done, they use to have a notice either in the front window or on the gate etc. indicating they were a safe house.

Post 6

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

Umm, not to sound crass or anything but not allowing her to walk places or allowing her out on her own is not a good idea...unless you're a psychotherapist and in need of new clients.

smiley - cheers

Post 7

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

Also I'd like to point out that as a man aged between 18 and 30 I'm in the most at risk group.

smiley - cheers

Post 8

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

??? attack alarm that needs batteries ??? what about a bloody loud blood curdling screem and running really quickly and/also a nice baseball bat for a pressysmiley - smiley it don't need batteries or re-loading, unlike a firearm when it runs out of ammo!

My nipper is going to have some nice toys when she grows up smiley - winkeye

RJR

Key: Complain about this post