This is the Message Centre for Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

ok...This feels wierd. Really wierd

Post 21

Kitish

yup. Had to think about it for a few seconds smiley - erm They teach so many incorrect things at school don't they!

Post 22

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

Oh yes!! I totally agree with the school thingy.

tell me...have you ever had to use any of the things taught in school in rl?

Apart from "not" learning how to spell, or working with figures to add up, subtract et seq, I don't think I've used a darn thing since!

Post 23

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

wierd is actuallx a Dutch word for part of land that is made higher so it will not flood. the Dutch started to do that 100s years ago!

Post 24

Kitish

erm...*thiks about it*

apart from my wonderful charm in talking teachers out of giving me detentions - not a darn thing!

Post 25

aka Bel - A87832164

Foreign languages - I'm using them a lot smiley - biggrin

Post 26

Kitish

Oddly enough I'm not smiley - erm

Pity really.

Post 27

aka Bel - A87832164

What about reading and writing - is that contained in 'learning how to spell'?

Post 28

Kitish

well i wasnt technically taught how to read or write at school. I was taught at home. Same with simple maths. Seriously - mum was a strict teacher smiley - erm Suffice to say she didn't teach me for long. Neither of us could cope as it was too high pressure and usually resulted in one or both of us getting upset.

Post 29

aka Bel - A87832164

There isn't anything like 'home teaching' here, it's not allowed. And I knew how to read when I sarted school, my sister is older than me and I was too keen learning to read to wait a full two years smiley - biggrin

Post 30

Kitish

I wasn't home taught thank god! Mum taught me after school and on weekends just to make sure I was upto date. Plus she didn't see the harm in teaching me as I apparently liked to learn. I think my brother was easier to teach!

Post 31

aka Bel - A87832164

Thank goodness my parents never tried to teach us anything, and I refused trying to teach my boys English - that's what school is for, after all.

Post 32

B'Elana, you might help them by talking English to them.

Post 33

aka Bel - A87832164

pheloxi, been there, done that, bought the t-shirt - they just blocked every attempt to help them. smiley - sadface

Post 34

do not see it as help...more as general conversation...

Post 35

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

*giggles*

Pheloxi, ones teenage children have this habit of not talking to parents from the age of about 12 until they reach about 19 years.

Something called "Teenage Rebellion" takes over smiley - whistle

Post 36

was direct an adult!

smiley - silly

Post 37

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

when Bonzi trees start growing out of keyboard muck, I'll buy a new keyboard with the profitssmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Post 38

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

I tend to clean my keyboard when the mixture of tar, tobacco and ash under the keys gets so thick you have to really hit the keys hart to get them to work

smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post