This is the Message Centre for Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

you gotta do what you gotta do...

Post 1

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

OK...so I'm back off holiday.....not a good thing really!

Looking down at my arms, I suppose I could say I had a "little" tan...legs still as white as milk bottles, although I am glad they didn't burn cos when my legs burn, I can't even walk!

So now I suppose it's down to business.

That job.......after long consideration, I have decided to turn down the job. The reasons are:

1. It will be just as pressured there as it is here, so why move.

2. I have decided to join that January intake to re-sit my GCSE
English and at least get a C grade! It's been many, many years
since I learned anything and I don't even think my grasp of the
English language has gotten considerably better in the 10 years
since I left school.

So why am I going to re-sit my English language then? Quite simple really. I want to DO something with my life. Not just be a typist for the rest of it. I want a career not a job.

The first step on the path to this is to gain a C in GCSE in English. Everything else is fine...Maths C. Geography C. Music C. Even Science and RE too!

Once I have this, and I cope with course work again, I'm going to have a good think about what I want to do. My partner said he will support me if I want to go on to do A-levels....this would mean going part time in work to be able to fit it all in.

So, now I have made my decision, it feels like I'm back in school again! smiley - laugh

Anyone got any suggestions!

Post 2

Odo

Glad you enjoyed the break. smiley - biggrin

Suggestions eh! You'll need to grow your hair if you want to go the full St Trinians look. smiley - winkeye

smiley - erm Ok, so you were really looking for something practical. In that case read the text until you know it inside out and if your still alowed to take your own copy into the exam with you then notes and other viewpoints can be added in all sorts of places as memory joggers.

smiley - hug Go for it.

Post 3

IctoanAWEWawi

bet your old school uniform doesn;t fit any longer smiley - bigeyes

Go for it and good luck smiley - smiley

Post 4

Bet it does! smiley - winkeye

Post 5

Odo

smiley - laugh

Post 6

although I think I'd have to get a new school shirt.....I remember the only one I had left was torn to shreds on my last day!

Post 7

IctoanAWEWawi

Oh no, wear that one, guarunteed to get a pass smiley - winkeye

Post 8

unfortunately, it's in a snotty green colour.....don't fancy wearing it again! smiley - yikes

Post 9

IctoanAWEWawi

no sense of adventure have you?

Post 10

not much no! smiley - rofl

Oh I do like the new smileys! smiley - evilgrin

Post 11

Yes,I am the Lady Lowena!Get with the programme...

you always feel positive once you make steps don't you? after getting the last child into nursery I studid for a B.tech ,then passed an easy 'A' level and did the first year of my degreee at a local tertiary college. I'm now saving to get aca on the road before i go next year to do my second and third year. This year I'm studying on-line through a college in Cornwall to up date my skills on a vision 4 learning course called wizard on the web and working part time.I'm also going for anothe A leveel this time in animation video and digital thingys,at the local college again.
going back as a mature student as absolutely brilliant cos you get to work with a wide age rande and of course you immediately start acting like a student again.You have much more fun then the teenagers because they ave so many'problemssmiley - laugh

Post 12

IctoanAWEWawi

Lookie here, there's even a Master B smiley!
smiley - footinmouth

smiley - winkeyesmiley - evilgrinsmiley - somersaultsmiley - rofl

Post 13

how many spelling mistakes in that posting Count 'em and smiley - blush,miss lowena!

Post 14

Odo

smiley - rofl Ohhh, won't he be proud. It's a shame there isn't a shortened code for it the amount of time he'll have to spend typing it into <>

Post 15

Never mind it will keeep him off the streets and out of mischief

Post 16

I could comment....but I think I'll refrain smiley - winkeye

Post 17

Odo

smiley - yikes That's very restrained of you! smiley - winkeye

Post 18

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Speaking as an educator Vicki I applaud your decision to try and beef up your education.Even if it doesn't lead directly to a job,it will make you feel a hell of a lot better about yourself(not that you need to)and give you a lot more self confidence.Good luck in your efforts.

Incog.smiley - choc

Post 19

Odo - B might be lurking and I wouldn't want him to think that I always dig at him smiley - winkeye

Incog Thank you! smiley - hug It will be hard work...it's been over 10 years since I took an exam or did course work (thinks...perhaps hootoo people might help!)

I've looked into the course that I want to do, but it's already started. I know I initially said I was going to join the January intake, but now I have made my decision, I just want to get on with it. Does that make sence?

Post 20

wazzow

yup...smiley - winkeye.....have a toga party..smiley - biggrin...smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post