This is the Message Centre for beeline

How long are 2 strings tied end to end???

Post 1

Oscar

G'day bee, sounds like you have some 'deep' conversations at pubs. It also sounds like you know some deep people, who also happen to like to mix conversations about their work with alcohol. That's a rare find in Australia, mainly because most Australians have bad memories, and beer makes it worse (cause our brains are baked, and since beer is one of the only brain coolents that's also a depressant and pain killing agent; and it happens to be commonly available in our pubs. We live in an insane society, don't you think?)

I'll come back tomorrow some time to check out the rest of your little bit of research space...since it's just gone half past midnight, and i've had 3 glasses of wine...

Bye!

O.

Post 2

Oscar

Oh, and please excuse my grammer. You'll get used to it eventually! You may even begin to understand it!?

O.

Post 3

beeline

Hi Oscar - I see you've come via Floor42 as well!

Yes, I've long been an admirer of the mythical powers of alcohol, and have long enjoyed the benefits of its conversation-enhancing properties. I used to live in Cambridge, which, I believe, still has the highest pub-density of any city in Europe, and that's just gotta have a good effect on the brain! That special mode of thinking that has led to some of the greatest discoveries is usually only attainable with the help of toxins (especially hallucinogens like laudanum). I fully endorse their (mis)use, bad influence that I am!

Your grammar is absolutely fine! I hope you're going to write some pages for h2g2...

Hops, Malt, Spring Water...add yeast...allow to stand

Post 4

Oscar

Ah yes, the great Cambridge. I used to attend a university that used to claim it was the second highest consumer of alcohol per capita in the world, only being bettered by Cambridge. I'm sure they were fibbing tho...or were gladly being misled.

I have randomly started a page on h2g2, you can find it at U68045 (unless I'm mistaken). I'm researching stuff at the moment, although I'm sure a more serious study on beer will follow, as well as something about random writing for relaxation. And maybe something that's actually 'interesting' on teh page, too...but not just yet, since I don't know anything interesting....

Feel free to drop by..and watch the grammer smiley - smiley

O.

Hops, Malt, Spring Water...add yeast...allow to stand

Post 5

beeline

There's already quite a large amount of material on beer in h2g2 (unsurprisingly!). Just type 'beer' into the search box at the top...

Lots of people have also amassed quite a collection of other alcoholic drinks as well - check out the 'Universal Alcohol Table' - just type 'alcohol' into the search box. It's all here!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for beeline

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more