A Conversation for Carlos Gutiérrez Cruz (1897-1930) - Mexican Haiku Poet

Peer Review: A841529 - Carlos Gutiérrez Cruz (1897-1930) - Mexican Haiku Poet

Post 1

paul t conneally

Entry: Carlos Gutiérrez Cruz (1897-1930) - Mexican Haiku Poet - A841529
Author: paul t conneally - U200745

An entry on Mexican Haiku poet "Carlos Gutierrez Cruz" - I believe that this constitutes most of what is known of Cruz (in English) on the web - I hope that I have the tone right.

paul

A841529 - Carlos Gutiérrez Cruz (1897-1930) - Mexican Haiku Poet

Post 2

paul t conneally

Post 3

McKay The Disorganised

I feel this would benefit from more examples of his work - but I assume his work is in Spanish, in which case......

Post 4

paul t conneally

Yes we could include a few more examples of the work - possibly up to 4 haiku but no more I think - there is a link in the piece to some more of his work - what do other's think? - you are correct in assuming that most of his work has yet to be translated well. I'll add that information now as it might down the line bring in examples we might include later.

Post 5

paul t conneally

Added two more haiku - you were right gives - a better flavour of his work - and added the info that most of his work still only available in Spanish.

How's that? I think at this point in history (and given that he's a MExican Revolutionary Haiku poet.. ) the entry is long enough.

Post 6

caper_plip

Hi there!

This is a good start!smiley - ok

However, I feel that perhaps you could write more about his personal life, say, his childhood, his way of life, the political situation and problems at the time... I hadn't heard about him before and I would like to learn a little more about himsmiley - biggrin

Maybe also you could use the and GuideML tags to divide up the Entry a little so it looks a little easier to read, and maybe put the haikus in as ?

Anyhow, this is looking good!

Caper Plipsmiley - runsmiley - football

Post 7

paul t conneally

I am going to remove it from here work and come back - I will try to extend it a little but unfortunatly at the moment we have very little in English even in terms of limited biography - I'll do some more work and come back again - I'll leave it here for just a few more hours in case anyone has comments that i might incorporate and then remove it from here and return with it a little more fuller (won't be too much bigger I think) - Is the tone reasonable?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Carlos Gutiérrez Cruz (1897-1930) - Mexican Haiku Poet

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more